Hi my name's Stephanie, and I want to loose 40pounds!

Options
Hi my name is Stephanie, I'm from New Hampshire and I'm 20 years old. I use to be a gymnast, for 14 years my best weight was 120pounds. I packed on a lot of muscle as a gymnast, but due to injuries I had to stop doing it. after I stopped I now weight 140pounds, and I am 5feet 2inches. being a gymnast and weighing this much is hard for me, and I was always able to eat what ever I want. I lost 7pounds 2weeks ago after a month, but then I started gaining it back because I didn't stay on a diet. I try to eat healthy but then, i am eating all the same things over and over. How does everyone else stay on their diets. and what does everyone do for exercise, I have a herniated disc in my back, a shoulder injury and a knee injury, so its been difficulty staying on a scheduled exercise. How is everyone.

Replies

• mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    welcome you will love the support here adding you as we speak good luck
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Welcome Stephanie! For exercise, I get magazine and do workouts from them, along with walking on the treadmill. Watching portion size is what's working best for me at the moment. Good luck!
  • workoutqueen628
    Options
    My name is Stephanie too & im 20 also!!! Lol, not a gymnast though. I'm a runner. :) I don't have as much weight to lose as you, I initially had those last stubborn 10 lbs and now I have almost reached my goal weight..i actually find it easier to eat healthy at college. I live off the salad bar and prefer healthier options over the greasy, fast food options. I exercise as much as I can at school because it helps me relieve stress and leaves me feeling refreshed to take on my schoolwork. Logging my calories on here everyday has really been the key to my success. It helps me make good eating choices. I kind of have a regular eating routine that i follow, but I try to change it up a bit adding new fruits and veggies to try....well i have to run, but good luck to you!
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    With those injuries, you probably want to look into some water aerobics for good support and lower strain. The right group leader and you'll get as good a workout as any dry program, without the joint strain.

As for foods, go natural. Try to eat things as close to nature as possible, avoiding packaged and processed foods. You can look for recipes that use your favorite ingredients on a site like allrecipes.com. You can search based on ingredients you want, and those you don't. Always read the reviews for good suggestions. I also find that I can stay on a diet only if I don't deprive myself of a few favorites, so I consciously make room for those calories in my plans.

Best of luck to you, and remember, it's a lifelong plan, so one day, or even one week, doesn't negate the whole plan.
  • queencelina
    queencelina Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome! We got the same goals! Except I was never a gymnast.. LOL
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Hello nice to meet you!! Im Stephanie, I have been a member of this site since the end of September, but I am finally getting serious about weight loss since December 1st. I have started a group that will offically start on January 1st. It's called "NO MORE EXCUSES JANUARY, LOSE 10+ LBS" you are more then welcome to join. You can find it under the motivation and support message board.
  • nvkatie78
    Options
    you will do great on this site-- it's brought me a very long way.
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    maybe you should try pilates. i've heard it is great for those with injuries and it's not high impact exercises. it can also help with flexibility.