staying hydrated

Options
Hi guys.
Do you have problems with staying hydrated? I always seem to forget to drink enough and mistake thirst for being hungry. That's one of my biggest problems and I am struggling with it for a while now..

Any tips or advise? Thank you and I am happy about new friends

Replies

• zac775
    zac775 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I know I carry around a sport water bottle, and since doin this I can drink anything from 3 - 5 litres a day depending on how I feel. As soon as I get an urge to have a bit to eat or feel hungry I have a good drink. Hope this helps.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a reusable water bottle and start taking it with you everywhere you go. My favorite are the Contigo spill-proof bottles -
    contigo-1l-water-bottle-autoseal-madison-blue.jpg

They come in 24 and 32 oz sizes, and I fill them from my fridge filter/dispenser. Each time I empty one, I log it in my MFP diary and fill it back up. I always have water with me - at home, in the car, by my bed at night - and with them being spill-proof, no worries about messes. They also go in the dishwasher, which is awesome.

They have many varieties, some have straws if that suits you better, lots of colors, and all easy one hand operation so it's easy to grab a sip and it closes right back up. You can find them on the Contigo website, Amazon, Costco, Target, OSH, etc. My whole family uses them - we each have our own colors so we know whose is whose - and far less glasses sitting around the kitchen, and no more plastic water bottle half full because no one remembers if it was theirs! :drinker: