I have lost it..

Options
I think I have become so obsessed with tracking my calories that I have lost my zest for life. "I cant go out with you,I don't have enough calories.", "I will just have a salad during our night out,I dont have enough calories." ,"Hold on....I have to log my food.","Just a minute honey.....I just walked upstairs,I need to put in my exercise calories." When and where do I draw the line? When people are telling to give it a rest? Because that would be now. When I am like WTF?!? 'Cos that is now too.
Maybe I am just PMSing...I am not sure.

Replies

• jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Its very easy to let it take over your life. In one way, I don't mind being obsessed by calorie counting because by not doing it before was how I got to be 250lbs overweight. But it can also be annoying sometimes and you just want to not pay attention to every once in a while. So keep in mind, you're not unusual or crazy. Don't sweat the small stuff (like logging going up the stairs or doing laundry or shopping) - I consider those bonus calories that I burn and not going to worry about balancing them with what I eat. I also have an indulgence day. Every Friday, I commit to a good breakfast, a hard workout, and then I eat whatever I want for the day. Helps me with my cravings, gives me a chance to "party" if I have something planned.

Those strategies work for me, hopefully they give you something to consider. Good luck!
  • Djetta
    Options
    It's easy to become obsessed. I allow myself one day where I don't log anything. I don't go overboard, but I don't log it. The walking up the stairs thing tho, is preeetttty weird.. lol
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I log all day. I stay at home, so before I go eat I punch it in and move on. If I'm going out to eat, I look it up sometime during the day so I go prepared and don't have to worry about it at the table. When it comes to exercise logging, I don't log anything that is part of my "daily routine". For example, I see alot of people who put in Cleaning. I'm always home, so I always clean. I only log when I ride my bike, lift weights, etc. etc. Snow shoveling when there is TONS. If you find yourself needing to keep track, put a small note book in your back pocket to jot down things instead of stopping what your doing.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I was on here early last year and ended up quitting the website for a year because it was so time-consuming with everything else going on. But I'm back now and it seems to be working out. Good luck to you!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your supportive words!
    I was being a wise a** about the stair calories...I only log legitimate exercise. And sex. But that is only because that is gooood cardio.:smokin:
  • Djetta
    Options
    Sometimes its GREAT cardio. lol