what do you think

Options
ok so my husband informs me the other day he is going to a concert tonight with his friend... ok first of all he doesn't even like music the way i do.,,, sec we argue all the time over music because of how much i like it...third i work in the music industry now and need to be at concerts and stuff... so all day im down because i really want to go but can't and i have never even been to a concert on my own free will....

so today i ate a couple things i normally wouldn't. i didn't go over but im just really upset that my husband would go to a concert even though he's not into that stuff,,,,,,,,,,

he went with a single guy friend of his......

Replies

• chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Maybe he just wanted guy time?
    You two should sit down and talk, find a common musician that you like, and go to a concert together.
    I'm sorry you're upset, though. *hugs*
  • jenn50
    jenn50 Posts: 81
    Options
    Maybe he just wanted guy time?
    You two should sit down and talk, find a common musician that you like, and go to a concert together.
    I'm sorry you're upset, though. *hugs*

he always has guy time and he knows i love music. and would go to any concert he wanted to.
  • vlwebb08
    vlwebb08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    oh wow....i am the same way... if i get upset it always seems to be the first thing i do.....idk y but that is what i do. i def understand your frustrations and maybe an idea while he is out with his friends you can be with yours. Go to a movie or now is a great time to get out and go look at some Christmas lights, something, i def would not set at home alone, i would so go do something and even if i had to pretend it was the best thing i ever done. I know for my self if i am feeling good about my self the better my diet etc. its hard enough as it is.....so chin up girly and smile. Enjoy you some "you" time paint your toenails, listen to some music.
    ((Huggs))
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Try telling him that you want the both of you to go to a concert together. Or, if you're feeling that he has too much guy time, ask him for some time alone. Spend a day doing things you both like, just relaxing and enjoying spending time together. Possibly instead of going to a concert, buy both of your favorite cds and listen to them when your both at home.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I have been married a long time. It is important for each of you to have interests, friends, activities, etc that you do separately, either alone or with your own friends. Of course you need to spend time together and have common interests. The trick is to find the balance between doing your own thing & doing something together. Maybe he doesn't care about music as much as you do, but really wanted to hang with his friend. I don't know the whole story about you guys, so it's hard to say more than this.Talk to him! and good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Well once in a while we all want to do something independent of our significant other. If it becomes a habit, then you guys will need to discuss it. If its just the occassional thing, let it go and find your own thing to do. And just remember, eating didn't cause the problem so its not going to solve the problem. You're going to have a lot of stress in life so just try to figure out others ways of dealing with it. Sounds simple but I know how hard that can be. Good luck!