What Should I do next?

TattooedMommy427
TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm currently doing the 30 Day Shred. I'm on Day 11, Day 1 of level 2. I'm trying to decide what to do next. Back story....I'm on the lower scale of being obese. (Just a few pounds to overweight, yay) I'm NOT athletic at all, never have been, even when I was a healthy weight.
So anyway, I'm looking for a program to do after my 30 days are up. I'm considering something from Beachbody.com, but I'm not sure which one. I have NO rhythm, so I dont care for videos focued on dancing. I know I'm not strong enough for P90x or insanity. What do you all recommend? It doesnt even have to be off Beachbody.com. Oh, I workout in the am, before work and perfer it not take longer than 45min since I have to be out the door at 6:15. Suggestions??

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    I'm currently doing the 30 Day Shred. I'm on Day 11, Day 1 of level 2. I'm trying to decide what to do next. Back story....I'm on the lower scale of being obese. (Just a few pounds to overweight, yay) I'm NOT athletic at all, never have been, even when I was a healthy weight.
    So anyway, I'm looking for a program to do after my 30 days are up. I'm considering something from Beachbody.com, but I'm not sure which one. I have NO rhythm, so I dont care for videos focued on dancing. I know I'm not strong enough for P90x or insanity. What do you all recommend? It doesnt even have to be off Beachbody.com. Oh, I workout in the am, before work and perfer it not take longer than 45min since I have to be out the door at 6:15. Suggestions??

I highly recommend ChaLEAN Extreme. It will definitely help your accomplish your goals.
  • meeshers
    meeshers Posts: 73 Member
    turbojam is a lot of fun! and it's from beachbody. peppy music but not dancey!! i would definitely recommend it. you can look up clips of the workout on youtube :happy:
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Brazil Butt Lift! The cardio axe workout is a little dancey, but I usually replace it with my own cardio, and there's a " rapido " version of the go to workout that's only 15min long. The rest of the workouts are 30-45. But seriously, I've been doing it for a few weeks, and the way it's been reshaping my booty has honestly given me more confidence than I think losing these last 15lbs ever will. TOTALLY worth it, even if you cut off the longer workouts at 30 min when you don't have time =)
  • pamelasusan
    pamelasusan Posts: 90 Member
    I second the vote for Turbo Jam. So fun to do and easy to learn. The music and her energy level keep you going the whole time. Tons of calories burned......
  • TattooedMommy427
    Thanks for the replies. I looked at the Turbojam, since a couple of people suggested it. I sent an IM to my husband, who happens to be sitting next to me and told him I wanted it and he bought it! Yay, I just gonna get through the rest of the Shred and I'll be on my way to the Turbo Jam. Thanks!!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    I was going to recommend ChaLean Extreme as well. It's a great program, even for those of us with two left feet.

Since you already purchased Turbo Jam, though, a few things.

#1 I would still add 2 days of resistance training into your workout week. You need to develop lean muscle mass in order to help boost metabolism. Also, as a woman, resistance training is very important to preventing health issues (i.e. osteoperosis) in later life.

#2 Practice her key moves using the introductory video. Her choreography can get a bit fast, but if you understand her cuing, you'll be able to manage. You said that you weren't the most coordinated person, I think...Turbo Jam (and Turbo Fire) can get frustrating for some because of the pace of the cuing and the moves. It WILL get easier the more you do it, so never fear.

Best of luck on your continued fitness journey!
  • TattooedMommy427
    I was going to recommend ChaLean Extreme as well. It's a great program, even for those of us with two left feet.

Since you already purchased Turbo Jam, though, a few things.

#1 I would still add 2 days of resistance training into your workout week. You need to develop lean muscle mass in order to help boost metabolism. Also, as a woman, resistance training is very important to preventing health issues (i.e. osteoperosis) in later life.

#2 Practice her key moves using the introductory video. Her choreography can get a bit fast, but if you understand her cuing, you'll be able to manage. You said that you weren't the most coordinated person, I think...Turbo Jam (and Turbo Fire) can get frustrating for some because of the pace of the cuing and the moves. It WILL get easier the more you do it, so never fear.

Best of luck on your continued fitness journey!

thanks so much for your advice. I'm brand new to the exercise world so excuse my ignorance, but what is considered resistance training? What can I do to add it to my workout?
This discussion has been closed.