Wow. I thought we were doing good.

clewis600
clewis600 Posts: 2
edited September 22 in Success Stories
My wife and I are dieting together. We have both lost 23 lbs. a piece since Oct. 19th. I thought we were doing really good, but I look on here and see lots of people that have lost 40-50 lbs. and are still going. That is GREAT. I am trying to loose 17 more to get down to 150. It is tough, but this fitness pal helps alot. Guess I will check back in when I get there.......if I get there.

Replies

• You are doing well. It is hard to compare yourself with others. We all lose weight at our own rates. Also, don't doubt that you will get there. That is a sure-fire way to ensure you won't! Take it day by day.
  • Yes, you are doing well!! Keep it up, sounds like you have the momentum going for you and a lot of encouraging posts here!!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    You are doing great!! Everyone's weight loss is different. Generally speaking, people that can lose 40-50 pounds in just a couple of months are significantly overweight, which makes it easier to lose weight at first. It also depends on how strict people are with their diet and exercise routines. People who can lose weight easily by cutting calories and exercising a lot will lose faster than someone like me who has to rely mainly on exercise. (A deficit of more than 500 calories causes me to stop losing weight.) When I started here in early October I had 55 pounds to lose. In 10 weeks I lost 9.5 pounds.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    23lb is amazing, you are defo doing well :D
    People have different amounts to lose.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    You are doing well. It is hard to compare yourself with others. We all lose weight at our own rates. Also, don't doubt that you will get there. That is a sure-fire way to ensure you won't! Take it day by day.

Amen! I've been working at it since mid-October & have lost only 6 lbs. It's true I don't have as much as others to lose, but it's a slow go. Plus, I can't exercise like others do. Like the poster above said, we are all unique..some older vs.some young, some who are doing intense workouts vs those who for whatever reason can't, some who have lots to lose vs those who don't....you get the picture. Hang tough! You've done great so far!! :flowerforyou:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
    You have to start somewhere. Be proud of what you've accomplished!
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    I think you're doing great! I've been on here since the end of October and I'm at 12 pounds. If you're at 23 you're fantastic! Don't check back when you're done losing, check back before that!
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    You are doing well. It is hard to compare yourself with others. We all lose weight at our own rates. Also, don't doubt that you will get there. That is a sure-fire way to ensure you won't! Take it day by day.

You're right, you can't compare yourself to others.
  • seadog1
    seadog1 Posts: 86 Member
    Have lost 39.5 lbs since October 10thh
  • nellajane24
    nellajane24 Posts: 108 Member
    way to go! i've only lost 10 lbs since then. so you are killing it! i agree with everyone- you can't compare yourself to others. you will go crazy if you do! you have come so far so quickly, great job!
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Keep going indeed. It all adds up. My losses were initially in increments of -.5lb or -.3lb then came the solid -1lb -2lb. It all adds up because now I'm down 121lbs. Imagine that... whoa!!! I'm glad I didn't get discourage and I kept going. I decided that I am seeing this through.

Congratulations to you both.
  • philip31
    philip31 Posts: 57 Member
    Thats a great result.. you are losing about the same rate as me...
    Well done and i'm sure your going to succeed with your goals
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!