Surrogate...

Options
KatieLouWho19
KatieLouWho19 Posts: 776 Member
I am super duper duper excited!! I just sent in all my info to a surrogacy company that I have heard great things about.

I am 25 (almost 26) and have 2 little boys of my own. I completely embraced both of my pregnancies and never felt more beautiful in my life. I know that I currently don't want to have any more of MY OWN children at least for another 5-7 years.... But I do/did love being pregnant. I figure that surrogacy could be a fulfilling journey in my life and I would get all the benefits of being pregnant without the added pressure at the end of the pregnancy.

I have a lot of family and friends that all say the same thing "how can you give your baby up after you deliver him/her?" and my answer "this is not MY baby, this will be another family's baby that they just couldn't carry to term. My body is fully capable of housing a little being and while I am not using it for anything - I could definitely put it to use to make someone else's family complete!

I have never been so sure about something in my life, I can't even handle the anticipation and excitement...

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has ever done this or thought about it or has any questions, concerns, opinions on the situation!

Thank you!! :love:

Replies

• TheNewPriceIsLoading
    TheNewPriceIsLoading Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options
    I think it's noble.
  • KatieLouWho19
    Options
    :heart: I am far too excited and I haven't even gone through the secondary screening yet... LOL
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I gave birth 10 months ago to a little girl I carried for another woman. It was an amazing experience - but not a fast one! It took about two years from start to finish. If I was younger I'd definitely do it again.

P.S. Do some research on the agency. The woman who ran ours is currently in jail for embezzlement. She emptied all of her client accounts - including ours.
  • starseed777
    starseed777 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I Agree. What you are doing is noble and kind.
  • KatieLouWho19
    Options
    I gave birth 10 months ago to a little girl I carried for another woman. It was an amazing experience - but not a fast one! It took about two years from start to finish. If I was younger I'd definitely do it again.

P.S. Do some research on the agency. The woman who ran ours is currently in jail for embezzlement. She emptied all of her client accounts - including ours.

Say whattt?!? What company is that?!? lol I will steer clear!

I work in labor and delivery at a hospital and met this woman who is due to deliver anytime now - she said she is a surrogate... She is about my age with two littles about the same age as mine... Strange. But she said the company was FANTASTIC. and I know this will be a loooonggg process but I can't even handle how exciting the opportunity is.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

I work in labor and delivery at a hospital and met this woman who is due to deliver anytime now - she said she is a surrogate... She is about my age with two littles about the same age as mine... Strange. But she said the company was FANTASTIC. and I know this will be a loooonggg process but I can't even handle how exciting the opportunity is.

This one: http://www.wral.com/selma-woman-accused-of-bilking-money-from-childless-couples/13627003/
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I wish I had done this when I was younger :-) Good luck!!
  • KatieLouWho19
    Options

This one: http://www.wral.com/selma-woman-accused-of-bilking-money-from-childless-couples/13627003/

Ok good. Definitely not the company I will be working with! :smile:

That is insane though, uggghhhh People are sick.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I think it's amazing that you are doing this. It's a major investment in time and energy for you to give someone else a child, and I applaud you for it.

I was completely miserable and hated being pregnant (love my babies, just not the process)...so this is downright heroic to me!

I have donated eggs, though...
  • KatieLouWho19
    Options
    I think it's amazing that you are doing this. It's a major investment in time and energy for you to give someone else a child, and I applaud you for it.

I was completely miserable and hated being pregnant (love my babies, just not the process)...so this is downright heroic to me!

I have donated eggs, though...

I thought about donating eggs but my BMI is too high for that - lol. My pregnancies were easy breezy *knock on wood* so I just feel like this is going to be something amazing to go through - if all goes well would even do it again until I am ready for my 3rd baby! :smile:
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I think that's awesome. You're giving a precious little miracle to another family. Good for you :heart:
  • KatieLouWho19
    Options
    I think that's awesome. You're giving a precious little miracle to another family. Good for you :heart:

Thank you for the kind words!! :smile: