Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    "I can't stay motivated" = "I can't be bothered" :drinker:

Or

"I can't stay motivated" = "It's really not all that important to me."
  • Rosieposiepetal
    Rosieposiepetal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think a little bit of what you fancy does you no harm. The bad stuff needs to be limited. Why don't you allow your self a treat once or twice a week, then you wont feel your missing out and cave in. x
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    There is a big difference in knowing what to do and being able to do it. I'm old enough to be your grandmother and I know a lot but when my emotional and medical issues get in the way I can't keep it going either. Do you have a close friend that you can rely on to keep you accountable and not be judgmental. Tough love is not the answer. For me that only makes me feel more like a failure. It should be someone you can bear you soul to when life wants you to jump ship. Actual physical contact with a trustworthy person means a whole lot more than a website with no personal contact.
  • Treecat47
    Treecat47 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love pizza too but now I have it rarely so I can have a real treat. I'm trying (it's working slowly) to eat less chocolate for similar reasons.

I started thinking about the fact that I'm now treating my body by eating less crap, if you get me.

Well, maybe you need some CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) or something so you won't emotionally eat? Maybe find a counselor who can help with this (even if it's online, but I don't know where, sorry).

Keep trying!