What would you do?

Options
When I first started my weight loss journey nearly 3 years ago my target was 150lbs which I finally acheived in October so then I lowered it to 147lbs but although I have achieved it I keep gaining and losing the same couple of pounds. Do I keep trying to get and keep to 147lbs or do I keep the 150lbs as my "weight" and try to keep maintained at that. Hope this makes sense to you all. Karen x

Replies

• dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I don't really think the 3 lbs should matter too much. I would say call it 150 with a 3 lb fluctuation +/-. Depending when you weigh, what you ate the day before, time of month, etc will swing those #'s up and down. Otherwise call it 145 and shoot for staying around that #. Either way you are still on target. Way to go for making your goal!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    First off, congratulations on meeting your goal!

Second, if you feel comfortable mentally and physically where you are, I wouldn't worry about trying to lose more. It can be hard to lose just a few pounds and you have to ask yourself whether or not it's worth it to put out the effort required. If you're happy with yourself and your current lifestyle just stay where you are.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    They always say that losing those last few pounds are the hardest! So, just like what the others said, you have a couple of options. You can either lower your goal weight more so you work just hard to reach it as you did before increasing workout intensity, etc...or you can stay where you are if you are happy with where you are and you are healthy. If you feel like you should lose more, then go for it! Only YOU can say whether or not you are happy with where you are.

Congrats on meeting your goal!!!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I don't really think the 3 lbs should matter too much. I would say call it 150 with a 3 lb fluctuation +/-. Depending when you weigh, what you ate the day before, time of month, etc will swing those #'s up and down. Otherwise call it 145 and shoot for staying around that #. Either way you are still on target. Way to go for making your goal!

I agree.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I believe our "happy place" is where we feel healthy AND can maintain. I have a friend who went down to 150 years ago and went up and down for years. She is now 165 and CAN maintain - and feels good about it. Finding that happy place takes some time to figure oout. I think you have found it :-)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    I think that everyone should have a 5lb window inwhich they try to stay within those 5lbs, because we all fluctuate from time to time and it is almost impossible to stay at exactly 150 always. So you should try to stay within 147-152. I hope this make sense and helps
  • mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    no one stays at a constant weight, you flux from 2-3 lbs daily from water, food, and waste in your system...

my suggestion is draw a line... call it 152lbs... i would continue to eat healthy and do a check of your weight every two weeks...

if you stay under 152lbs... great... you are making all the right choices

if you are at 152 or going over, you need to re-evaluate what you've been doing

worrying about a few pounds flux when you reach your goal and checking your weight everyone morning is not mentally healthy...

you've achieved the physical health... relax, enjoy, and keep your mental health intact as well