sugars in fruits

Options
does sugars in fruits affect the body weight because all fruits has sugars and if i take more fruits then my sugar category is soon becoming zero.so,,,is it ok to have more fruits even if the sugar goes little above the daily value..

Replies

• leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Sugar doesn't make you gain weight, and fruit is a natural sugar so it's fine unless you have diabetes or another sugar related problem. So if it goes above it means nothing really.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I do keep an eye on my sugar intake, and track it instead of sodium in my diary. Yes indeed, a little fruit goes a long way for that sugar count! I prefer to stick to the 45g a day sugar limit that mfp gives me, so if I have a few pieces of fruit then I really have to avoid other added sugars in my food. I'm checking my reports now and it looks like I was a bit over 45g for sugar four days in the past twenty. I can live with that!

My dad is a type 2 diabetic, however, and so was his father. I am a little extra cautious about sugar and carbs because of this. And it's also one of the reasons I am changing my lifestyle in general.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If it's okay with you, it's okay!

Everyone should visit a doctor when beginning a weight loss journey. They can help you with what kind of foods you should and shouldn't be eating.

I eat tons of fruit. I don't track the sugar, but figure I exceed it on a daily basis. Not worried.
  • dorisopen9
    dorisopen9 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Everyone should visit a doctor when beginning a weight loss journey. They can help you with what kind of foods you should and shouldn't be eating.
    Doctors are usually not that well informed about nutrition unless that is there special interest. A dietitian is the better choice if three are specific nutritional questions.
    You're advised to see a doctor to make sure you are fit and healthy, don't have undiagnosed diabetes, heart, kidney or ant other condition that might require attention. But if the doctors find something for which you need a special diet, they will usually refer you to a dietitian for the details.