General Tso's chicken?

Options
Hmmm so I feel like MFP lies about calories in General Tso's chicken...What do YOU think the cals are in one cup of China Star General Tso's chicken? :)

Replies

• lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    anyonnnenee?
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I think livestrong is fairly accurate on the topics they cover. I use them as a reference on occasion.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/141189-nutrition-information-general-tsos-chicken/
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Okay...Well that listing of 30 pieces for 1500 cals would add up to about the same of 6 pieces(about one cup) for 300 cals...so maybe it is right...Thanks! :)
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Also have to consider that China Star isn't a singular chain; we have them here in MA, and most likely they aren't owned by the same company. I would just guesstimate an average based on the nutritional info of a few entries.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    What do YOU think the cals are in one cup of China Star General Tso's chicken? :)

All of them. It's battered and fried in (usually) the cheapest available oil and makes chicken mcnuggets look like a healthy alternative.

I love the stuff, but it is a nuclear scale calorie bomb.

And I've never seen someone eat only "one cup" of them.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    What do YOU think the cals are in one cup of China Star General Tso's chicken? :)

All of them. It's battered and fried in (usually) the cheapest available oil and makes chicken mcnuggets look like a healthy alternative.

I love the stuff, but it is a nuclear scale calorie bomb.

And I've never seen someone eat only "one cup" of them.

Yeppp.
    That's why I like making my own Chinese food. At least I know what's in it, and can weigh it on my food scale.
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You'll never know what it really is unless you weigh out your own chicken, oil, sugar, flour, etc.--- basically unless you make it yourself.
  • DavidMRoss
    Options
    General Tso's Chicken

Chinese & Asian/Meals

general tso chicken, chinese, chinese food, general tso's chicken, general tso

--
    Grade

Calories

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 Serving (100 g)

Per Serving % Daily Value*

Calories 844

Calories from Fat 360

Total Fat 40g 62%

Cholesterol 167mg 56%

Sodium 2157mg 90%

Carbohydrates 61g 20%

Dietary Fiber 2g 8%

Protein 56g

Read more: Calories in General Tso's Chicken, Chinese & Asian/Meals | Nutrition and Health Facts http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-general-tsos-chicken-i111989#ixzz3CD7d5JeS