Looking for local weight loss buddies

Options
I find its much easier to have a workout buddy, but I can't seem to find one. Everyone at my previous gym kept to themselves and the majority of gym members were already incredibly fit. How can I find a local workout buddy?

Any advice? Finding the motivation to workout is very difficult for me. I need a workout buddy and my local friends don't exercise!

Replies

• oarngesi
    oarngesi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Maybe try here just make a post like phx az looking for work out buddy. If course with your city and state
  • nolabone
    nolabone Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Try craigslist (eh) or post something on the bulletin board at your gym. Does your gym offer personal trainers? If so, talk to them! They might know someone that would like a buddy as well, and if their service is free it is sort of like a workout buddy. Also, the gym friends I've made were through workout groups that are free to join, and they are very reliable since there are multiple people in a group.
  • nolabone
    nolabone Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Also, perhaps try a different gym. I personally love the YMCA, they're so friendly at mine, and members are at all sorts of fitness levels.