Your Most Delicious/Decadent Restaurant Meal?

Options
Just wondering what you guys consider to have been your best meal out, of recent times?

Tonight, I took my bf out for a birthday dinner and the food was amazing.

For the starter, we shared fresh baked figs, stuffed with stilton and wrapped in pancetta. For the main, I had rump of lamb in a mint gravy with buttered mashed potatoes, zuccini, garlic saute mushrooms, broccoli, braised red cabbage and carrots (I love vegetables), followed by apple crumble and ice cream.
His sticky toffee pudding was incredible.

Replies

• Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Yours sounds better than anything I can come up with. I do like a nice big steak however, and I can eat creme brulee all...night...long!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    Starter was a gazpacho granita. Main was cod and clam oatmeal. Sounds gross, I know, but it was delicious. More like a clam risotto sered with basil infused oil and chunks of broiled cod, garnished with slivers of deep fried cod skin. I remember liking dessert, but it was not as memorable as my starter and main.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Yours sounds better than anything I can come up with. I do like a nice big steak however, and I can eat creme brulee all...night...long!

They had creme brulee at the place we went tonight and it was apparently amazing. I shall try it next time we go.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Starter was a gazpacho granita. Main was cod and clam oatmeal. Sounds gross, I know, but it was delicious. More like a clam risotto sered with basil infused oil and chunks of broiled cod, garnished with slivers of deep fried cod skin. I remember liking dessert, but it was not as memorable as my starter and main.

That cod meal sounds great. I like it when you find a restaurant that breaks away from the norm and uses more inventive combinations.
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Like six weeks ago my dad flew out to visit me and we went to Atlantic City. We enjoyed a meal at Carmine's which is part of the franchise that started in NYC. We had fried calamari as an appetizer and spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Sounds simple but everything was perfect. It was one of the best meals I've ever had.

http://www.carminesnyc.com/
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    oh yum! Your dinner sounds absolutely delicious!

...and now i'm hungry
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I think my favorite would be balsamic glazed lamb chops, curried cauliflower, a good dark beer (forget what it was) and a chocolate stout brownie with ice cream. The dinner came with rolls as well. We don't usually get nice meals when we go out to eat, we usually go to brew pubs and get sandwiches.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    I think my favorite would be balsamic glazed lamb chops, curried cauliflower, a good dark beer (forget what it was) and a chocolate stout brownie with ice cream. The dinner came with rolls as well. We don't usually get nice meals when we go out to eat, we usually go to brew pubs and get sandwiches.

Brownie sounds nice, and slightly more unusual.
    Never had curried cauliflower though I think I have had cauliflower mixed in with a curry.
    I would happily sit down to a plate of roasted vegetables alone as a meal, such is my passion for vegetables.
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Recently went to a local seafood restaurant and had shrimp broiled in this amazing buttery, oniony, spicy sauce. Along with hush puppies that I used to sop up said sauce. 10/10 will eat again.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Local Italian place. Went twice, went over my calories twice... First time was cannelloni and a creme brulee pie for dessert (best thing I've had in a long time), second time some lamb chops with Gorgonzola mashed potatoes and asparagus and a cannoli for dessert. Of course they have delicious bread too...
  • It has to be the meal I had for my recent birthday. To start I had 'Trio of Cheeses' which was Brie, Mozzerella and Goats cheese all individually deep fried in breadcrumbs with a caramalised red onion sauce and rocket.
    Main was rump steak with a mushroom and peppercorn sauce and handmade chips with side salad.
    For dessert I went for crumble of the day (no cheesecake!) which was apple, served with custard. Was absolutely amazing

I want it again now :(
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    All you can eat brazillian steak house.

Skirt steak and picania- seriously- it's to die for.

Secondly- once or twice a month I get a tomato based sauce on grilled salmon- it's a Lebanese dish- it's the most decadent thing I can think of when it comes to ordered food. So delicious.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options

Secondly- once or twice a month I get a tomato based sauce on grilled salmon- it's a Lebanese dish- it's the most decadent thing I can think of when it comes to ordered food. So delicious.

Gosh, we have absolutely nothing like an all you can eat steak house here. Costs a fortune to have steak out anywhere.
    I tend to avoid salmon when I eat out as I have it daily almost as my dinner. But I have not had it Lebanese style, admittedly. Sounds good.
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I recently had Cajun trout over a crawfish corn cake at one of my favorite local places. It was out of this world.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Here:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186235-d1734677-Reviews-The_Wheel_House-Falmouth_Cornwall_England.html

Dear god, I still think about this meal at least once a week.

It's a place that does shellfish, nothing but shelfish (they don't do other fish either) and bowls of bread, salad and fries. There's sorbet or cheese for dessert and they do absolutely nothing else.

We had prawns, mussels, spider crab and lobster. So, so good. I wanted to try oysters, but they were out of season. And it wasn't really pricey either. I'd post some pictures, but my kid is in most of them - I'm not normally the type to take pictures of my dinner, but the crab in particular was really impressive.

They don't have a website and you have to call and book. If you're in Cornwall DO IT.
  • cookiegy
    cookiegy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Went to a place in Paris called "La veraison". It was divine. I had chestnut soup as a starter and I could not believe that chestnut soup could be tasty, let alone the textures and tastes that unfolded! Simply glorious. Then there was an iberian pork main course, with potatoes fried with chorizo. It was stunning.
    It was glorious, and for the food and location was really reasonable too. I even had a bottle of champagne to wash it down which didn't break the bank.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    mmhmmm my friend made chestnut soup for Christmas- with Truffle oil- holy *kitten* she's a good cook- that stuff was amazing. I'd be scared to try my hand at it- but well done chestnut soup is really a thing of beauty.

Gosh, we have absolutely nothing like an all you can eat steak house here. Costs a fortune to have steak out anywhere.
    I tend to avoid salmon when I eat out as I have it daily almost as my dinner. But I have not had it Lebanese style, admittedly. Sounds good.

we have several here- Brazilian steak houses are definitly a thing- Chima and Rozedio are two well known chains. (reasonably well known)

but yeah- a good steak house is a pricey- we are spoiled so we don't eat crappy steaks- and having had a number of high end places in NYC- it's hard to go back to the Outback and be satisfied.

But you can cook Picania on your own- it's very good- and it's one of the best cuts of meat the Brazillian places.

As for the Lebanese version- let me just tell you- I don't eat salmon- or fish- outside of Tuna and sushi.- I'd never order it out... But I eat this EVERY time I go there. It's absolutely amazing. It' s divine- most places it's not tomato based- and I don't even remember the name of it- but lord is it good.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    mmhmmm my friend made chestnut soup for Christmas- with Truffle oil- holy *kitten* she's a good cook- that stuff was amazing. I'd be scared to try my hand at it- but well done chestnut soup is really a thing of beauty.

we have several here- Brazilian steak houses are definitly a thing- Chima and Rozedio are two well known chains. (reasonably well known)

but yeah- a good steak house is a pricey- we are spoiled so we don't eat crappy steaks- and having had a number of high end places in NYC- it's hard to go back to the Outback and be satisfied.

But you can cook Picania on your own- it's very good- and it's one of the best cuts of meat the Brazillian places.

As for the Lebanese version- let me just tell you- I don't eat salmon- or fish- outside of Tuna and sushi.- I'd never order it out... But I eat this EVERY time I go there. It's absolutely amazing. It' s divine- most places it's not tomato based- and I don't even remember the name of it- but lord is it good.

We've had this convo before, Brazilian Steakhouses are the best!!!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    We've had this convo before, Brazilian Steakhouses are the best!!!

yes yes we have- I'm sure we'll have it again. ;)

I was with BF this weekend- and the one we go to up north- i think we are the ONLY people who ever do the full rodezio... everyone else always orders off the menu- but it's not like Chima's- it's much smaller- they bring you a certain order of meat- as much of it as you want- but it really only passes through once- and when you get to the end- they let you pick what you want more of- we only ever get skirt steak and Picania- their turkey wrapped in bacon is meh compared to the ones by me.

I can't remember what the places is called- hold on- let me google- it's in Hackensack

Choripan Rodizio

that's the name- almost every time I visit him (he usually comes here) we go- so maybe once a month? if not every other- either way- they know us and remember us even though it's only once a month- super super nice people. Love it there- food is great.

They have the best sweet potato fry's and this really fantastic light salad with oil and vinegar. NOMNOMNOM- why is not lunch yet- now I'm hungry!!!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been Welsh Rarebit, Bangers and Mash and great IPA at my favorite British pub.

I need to reel it in :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: