Small successes make a difference!

Options
mkdm291
mkdm291 Posts: 139 Member
Just happy with myself for once and want to document it! I'm aiming to lose about 20 pounds. I am 5"4 at 141 (a little less than 20 pound loss will be great as well.)
However, this isn't a pounds lost success. That is going slow, but I'm more consistent than I have ever been.
I have placed a lot more focus on exercise lately. I signed up for a 10K on 9/20 and I have NEVER even come CLOSE to doing that before. This Saturday, I logged a very hilly 5.7 miles in 56 minutes. THRILLED!
I went out again today with the plan to run half that. I literally had to drag myself out because it was REALLY hot and muggy today. (I live in NY and they are even talking about how bad the weather is during the US Open!). I also went out during the hottest part of the day b/c that is the only time that fit in my schedule. The point is .... I did it! I tried to make excuses up in my head. I tried to say "I'll do it later when it cools" -- knowing I never would. But I got dressed, put my music on, and hit the pavement.
As I said ... a series of small successes, but makes me feel great.
I am not the "thinnest" I have been in my life, but I really think I am the "most fit" I have ever been (at least in 25 years!)
Thanks for the motivation, MFP! If I can do this, anyone can!

Replies

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV!!! After reading this post, I am feeling pumped to do a whole lot more. Wishing you all the best with your 10K.
  • cahf
    cahf Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I like focusing on the fitness too - I feel like I see changes in what I can do more readily than change on the scale or in clothes! This weekend I could life my kayak with no trouble and carry it up some rocks, which was different than even earlier this summer. Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!