Thin people problem. Tailbone discomfort

Options
Gone from 36" hips to 34.5" hips. Now my bum is flat flat flat. I drove the mower and kept having to rearrange a sweater under my bum so that that it wouldn't hit my tailbone when I bounce. It's a 30 horse mower that moves at 10 miles per hour and it's kind of my job. It literally have half a cm of flesh between my tailbone and the outside world now. What should I do about this? It's positioned at an area of my body where is is no muscle. I've also find it uncomfortable to sit in the bathtub and on hard chairs. I am losing weight so I can get rid of my curves but this was unforeseen...

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    ththhomer1_zps4476b705.gif
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Shift your weight forward? A friend of mine broke her *kitten*, lol. Toward the end of her recuperation, as it were, she could sit but had to lean forward.

You should see your doctor. You should be able to sit without cushioning. Not being able to do that is abnormal.

Feel better!!
  • intrepidelephant
    intrepidelephant Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Shift your weight forward? A friend of mine broke her *kitten*, lol. Toward the end of her recuperation, as it were, she could sit but had to lean forward.

You should see your doctor. You should be able to sit without cushioning. Not being able to do that is abnormal.

Feel better!!

The issue is the mower bounces and sitting far up on the seat deactivates the seat safety switch
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    The issue is the mower bounces and sitting far up on the seat deactivates the seat safety switch
    Far be it for me to stand in the way of safety.

Get a donut and call the doctor. I hope it is better soon. :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Can you get one of them seat cushions??? The ones with a hole in the middle.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    You'll get used to it. In the beginning of being thin, I was always hurting my bones. My butt bone, my hip bones, my ankle bones...

I wasn't used to them. I had gotten used to having cushion. So, I was always knocking them on things. Hurting it on lawn mowers. Things of the like.

In time, you learn to adjust. You learn to sit in ways that are comfortable to your now... lack of a bum? lol (I really don't know how to say that without it sounding rude) For now, I second the idea of a seat cushion. It could help until you do adjust.
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Feel better!!

Buy a thin piece of foam off-cut from a store like Clark Rubber (Australia store I just named it to give you an idea for your own country) and sit on that.
    Whilst I can sit with no issue, laying in the bath and sleeping I always need more padding like a face washer under my tailbone or a thin blanket between my knees. Granted, I am underweight right now (due to illness) but
    even when I was 10 kilos heavier those areas of my body have very little padding. Most of my fat settles around my calves, lower backside and lower waist.
    The bounce of the mower does make a difference in comfort too. Went horse riding last week and was comfortable for the whole hour except for the few minutes I tried to canter for.
    By the way, I suggested an off-cut piece of foam because they cost about $2 compared to like $50+ for the "proper" cushions.
  • intrepidelephant
    intrepidelephant Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Can you get one of them seat cushions??? The ones with a hole in the middle.

Is there any way of getting a cushion that ties onto something. The mower has no suspension and moves at 10 mph over very uneven field. Sometimes it bounces so hard I literally can fly out of a seat
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Butt pads!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    do a Google search for padded underwear.
  • Shimmysista
    Shimmysista Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have spina bifida occulta and have quite a bit of pain in my lower back too when sitting since I lost weight. ( I do squats and have gotten FINALLY some firm cheeks but it doesnt help the problem hehe ) I got one of those memory foam cushions with the V notch in the back for around the house. Want to get another one for in the car. Works lovely :D
    homepage_hl.jpg