I needs a barbell workout

Options
i was going to body pump class for a while but the squats and lunges killed my knees and actually injured me for more than a month and i still cant do them without hurting myself.

i LOVED body pump and i love me a barbell, and i love the cardio-strength blend but i cant go to body pump anymore so i bought a barbell and it comes tomorrow, so i can find an alternative to do at home for my strength exersize.

i am looking for a video that i can do with less or no squats or lunges, either on youtube or that i can buy if necessary. OR if i do the Body pump video, any suggestions for something to do in the place of the two offending moves that will have less impact on those joints?

maybe i am asking too much...

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    actually deep squats post parallel are pretty easy on the knees. i've been to a body pump classes and the way the squats are times means that you end up doing half squats that place way too much pressure on the knees.

check out strong lifts, starting strength, strong curves or new rules of lifting for women
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    actually deep squats post parallel are pretty easy on the knees. i've been to a body pump classes and the way the squats are times means that you end up doing half squats that place way too much pressure on the knees.

check out strong lifts, starting strength, strong curves or new rules of lifting for women

if i had done them right they would not have hurt my knees, you are probably right. but now its too late and they are a mess and it hurts immensely no matter how right i do them. i see what you mean about timed too... i think i was rushing and also not properly trained.

i will check out those three thank you.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    take some time off- if you're injured you need to adjust/downgrade and heal. Continuing to work won't fix anything.