Who has actually done the complete 30 days of Jillian Michae

dmb0174
dmb0174 Posts: 31
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all!

I usually go to the gym a few days a week and work with a trainer once a week but am really struggling getting there with weather issues and just being super busy with the holidays. Having said that, I still want to do something and thought maybe if I had a program to do at home it would keep me on track. Has anyone done the 30 Day Shred workout with Jillian Michaels? Did you see results after 30 days? I just am not sure how "good" of a workout it is so I would appreciate any comments, thoughts, tips????

Good luck to all!!!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    It depends. I didn't see much WEIGHT loss but I did lose a couple inches. I've heard this same story from most people. It's a good workout but not many people seem to lose the weight with it. If i were you, I'd try the hip hop abs. It's such a fun and energetic workout. I love it.
  • Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    It's great...I lost weight and really shaped my arms and shoulders. SEXY!
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Hey! I did the entire 30day shred throughout the month of October. It really helped me build my endurance & I got a bit more toned, but it didn't help me with weightloss at all. I stayed within the same 2lbs for the entire month...
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I did the Shred back in June-July I believe it was. I definitely lost weight and inches, but mostly I built up the endurance to be able to do more intense workouts. I started running, I graduated to Chalean Extreme, and I was able to work out longer. So I think 30 Day Shred is an awesome stepping stone to bigger and better workouts. You can also adjust the intensity depending on if you use 2, 3 or 5 lb weights with it. I started each level with 2 lb weights, and moved up to 5 lb weights halfway thru each level.

Overall, I'd say it's worth doing, especially if you aren't going to get to the gym. I just joined a gym myself, I lost all 64 lbs so far WITHOUT a gym membership! So I'm a huge champion of workout DVDs like the Shred. Give it a try, maybe mix in a longer workout or the gym a few times a week too.
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    I love hip hop abs!
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    I didn't finish the 30 days got 21 done before getting the flu (planning on doing it again in jan) But I didn't lose any weight, well the pound a week that is my goal..but I lost some major inches.
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    I have done it twice. I now do it mixed in with other workouts and with 8lb weights. I started with 3 & 5lb weights.
    I didn't lose alot of weight either, but definitely became more toned! I love the workouts! Great way to get a decent calorie burn in a shorter workout.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,277 Member
    I'm actually in the middle of the 30 Day Shred right now. I do it 3 days a week, have lost about a pound a week but it's really helping me tone and build endurance. I feel a lot stronger. Even though it's not great for weight loss it's still beneficial. Chalean is a great workout, lost more weight with that.
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    I did the full 30 days, lost 8.6lbs which was not to bad considering it is only about a 25 minutes video. However, I also incorporated extra cardio like walking for an hour a day at a moderate speed. I noticed though that my arms and shoulders started to get really toned and sexy from the shred. I used the shred as a stepping stone to Insanity in which I will be finishing in about 10 days. From there I am starting Chalean extreme! I'm excited!!!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    I did all 30 days, but that was a long time ago. I saw weight loss, but no more than I had already been losing with other exercises. I'm sure I lost inches, but I didn't measure, so I don't know how many or where. My workout shorts that I bought a little too tight at first were falling off me just a few days into the routine. One other thing that I noticed was an increase in stamina. Like when I first began, I had to modify jumping jacks and jump rope, but by the end of the 30 days I was doing the actual moves. :) What I didn't see was definition, which was understandable considering I was still very, very overweight at the time. I had to get off all that fat with cardio before I could see any muscles start to show.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    I completed the Shred last January and definitely recommend it. After I finished it I just plopped on a treadmill and was able to run 30 minutes with no trouble. It really increases your endurance and strength. I love it and use it still because it isn't a long work out but it definitely works, you will be sweating like crazy by the end of it. It's only $10 or so if you buy it online, maybe even cheaper if a store has it on sale. I would buy it, it's a great little workout.

I didn't pay attention to my weight or inches lost but I felt stronger and more fit by doing it.
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    I'm on Day 12, and I already see a huge difference in my stamina and my arms are looking better already. I dont know if I've lost inches, my husband says he can tell a difference when he hugs me, but I FEEL better. Although I went from not working out at all to working out everyday so I'm sure that is a small factor. Like everyone else said, I recommend it. I'm already planning my next program, ordered Turbo Jam last night.
  • spikess
    spikess Posts: 113 Member
    i did it a while back while i was at my heaviest, i lost 7 or 8 lbs, but did lose 12 inches! mainly off my chest, waist and hips. so it definately helped that way!!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    I've never done it as a 30 day program (I don't like to work out more then 5 days a week, I get burned out then end up making excuses and stop working out for a month or two) but I was doing it 5 days a week awhile back. I LOVE it and recommend it to everyone. I lost 5 lbs in two weeks when I went from level 1 to level 2 and 5" in about 4 weeks. It's quick, it challenges you and makes you stronger. Although I was larger when I was doing it when I look back at pictures I look healthier then I do now. I plan to start it again in a couple days. When I do the DVD I just feel better, period. I love how my arms looked and that I could move our entertainment center by myself.
    Thanks for the reminder of how great it makes me feel. :flowerforyou:
  • cryslynn1980
    cryslynn1980 Posts: 111 Member
    so is this a good workout for beginners to start?
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    so is this a good workout for beginners to start?

YES! But I recommend not pushing yourself too hard cause you will get very sore the first time or 2. But I highly recommend it!
  • I lost 10lbs when I did this dvd. Jillian prefers that you workout at least 5 days a week and eat healthy. This is a good dvd and I notice a difference within the first couple of days.
This discussion has been closed.