Please Help!

Options
Question for everyone! So, I've been losing weight almost every day for the last week and a half or so. It's been pretty gradual. However, From Friday-Thursday I went form 133.0-to 129.8, so it was pretty fast. I've been perfect with my diet, never going over, However, Friday morning I was up .2 pounds and today I was up .6 pounds? I don't understand. I've been perfect with my diet. I don't know why I went up. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Replies

• maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    probably has to do with your sodium levels. i know my weight fluncutates daily because of this. don't worry you are doing great!
  • mslaubaugh
    Options
    It could be water retention caused by hormones or salt or inflammation from exercising or it could be stress related, the human body is capable of lots of weird things. I wouldn't worry too much about day to day weight change it is the weekly and monthly weight that counts.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    POINT anything of a pound is nothing to worry over at all. Weight fluctuates, one day I am 145, the next 141. I laughed when I read this because I wish my weight was as steady as yours lol
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    a) water retention
    b) too high sodium intake causing water retention
    c) time of the month
    d) ovulation

bottom line is, it's a temporary gain. keep doing what you're doing, check back in a week with the scale.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Looking at a few days of your diary, you tend toward too much salt and too few calories.
  • Katherine912
    Katherine912 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!

Should I up my water intake?
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!

Should I up my water intake?

Um... Dunno... How much water are you drinking? It's not logged. :frown: Overall, I'd say the MFP recommended 8 cups is a pretty good start. :drinker:
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Even if you are perfect with your diet, the weight fluctuates.
    All fast shifts are just water and mean nothing. Just stick with it and the weight will come off at it's own pace..

If you hate to see the scale go up, a good way is to only weight yourself once a week (or every other week). You're pretty much guaranteed to see a drop (Until you reach the last ten pounds at least.. :grumble: )

Ps.
    And yeah. You need to eat more! I have a hard time believing that those 900 - 1000 Kcal/day represent a 500-700 Kcal deficit..
    And get some exercise too! The higher the deficit, the higher the amount of weight lost in muscle! But you can minimize that by exercising.
  • imustdecrease
    Options
    bodily functions fluctuating..
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Being a female sucks!!!!

Are you weighing yourself everyday?? You might not want to do that. It can drive you crazy with the fluctuations.

I weigh myself once a month...no joke...due to TOM, IV infusions for RA, stress, workouts, etc.
    Don't stress over small changes even if they are a 5lb difference. I usually gain 5-7lbs during that TOM.
  • pijan
    pijan Posts: 5
    Options
    Question for everyone! So, I've been losing weight almost every day for the last week and a half or so. It's been pretty gradual. However, From Friday-Thursday I went form 133.0-to 129.8, so it was pretty fast. I've been perfect with my diet, never going over, However, Friday morning I was up .2 pounds and today I was up .6 pounds? I don't understand. I've been perfect with my diet. I don't know why I went up. Does anyone have any thoughts?

actually your weight fluctuate everyday. the best way is to measure one a week or once a fortnight.it can be your water level.
  • bigmackattack69
    Options
    Your body weight can also fluctuate about 2 to 5 lbs a day. That is why you should weigh about 1 a week so you do not get descouraged. i started at 445lbs now I am 341lbs. I use to weigh myself everyday but it did me no good. Do not try to hard. Just keep doing what you are doing and the weight will fall off and you will feel better about it. I wish you continued success. Just do not worry about that little fluctuation. Good job so far. Keep the faith so to speak and trust yourself.