I'm afraid of becoming a Christmas turkey gobble gobble gobb

Options
OK so I can go through the whole year being good and lose a ton of weight. But I just feel like this Christmas I am going to repeat the past, becoming a Christmas turkey and gobble gobble gobble. People are starting to bring chocolates and cookies and candies to work, and my spouse bought a 2 pound box of chocolates, and bowls of nuts and oranges are appearing everywhere, and the parties are starting where i crack open the Christmas bottle of single malt scotch. As usual we'll be cooking a ham on the 24th and a turkey on the 25th and a roast on New Year's and they will be sitting in the fridge waiting for me to stop by 10 times a day to pick or make a turkey-stuffing-cranberry-mayo sammich. And pumpkin pie. And Nanaimo bars. And shortbread cookies. Yikes!

Help!

What strategies do you folks employ to keep the weight gain to a minimum over Christmas?

Replies

• sharonuk10
    Options
    My first Christmas with my weight loss.. my strategy is all things in moderation. If I want a cookie, pie, chocolate I have one serving only and work it into my daily calorie intake.
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    This is my first Christmas since I began losing weight too...and my plan is to keep up my water intake, keep up my exercise routine, and not stress about the food. I'm going to eat smaller portions, and go for (hopefully) healthier choices, and we don't get too many leftovers because my family is very supportive of my lifestyle. And what does come home, my husband will polish off. I feel like I'll get too resentful if I deny myself, and this is a time for family and celebrations, so I'll do my best, and back to full-throttle after Christmas.
  • davebarron
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies there's really good advice in them.