Anyone plan to weigh in during the holidays?

Options
I'm actually trying to hold off my weigh in's until Jan 1st. I find when eating my breakfast shortly after waking up, helps with those daily temptations from stressing to much. If you would like to join me, feel free. :happy:

Replies

• Hitsujikai
    Hitsujikai Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do.

My weigh in day is Saturday and as both Christmas and New Year (and my birthday!) are all on Saturdays I will be weighing in on the holiday days themselves.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I am planning on pushing myself extra hard this week right up until Christmas Eve... Then I will just try to behave myself and stay active as I am away until that Wed.

I do not want to let myself make excuses (Bad habit I am trying overcome) even if it is a good one.

I will weigh in on Christmas eve and then again New Years Eve and see how bad or good I was that week.
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm weighing. I don't expect any losses, but I'm holding myself accountable. For me, no weigh typically = more bad choices.
  • Manda1987
    Options
    I can't weigh in! I'm going away for a week and a half, and I can't bring my Wii Fit with me! :(

I'm hoping that without the weigh-ins to keep me on track, I'll still be okay. I am bringing my laptop, so I will be logging everything. My mother just announced to me that we'll be hitting up my favourite rib restaurant while we're away though... eep!
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    I still plan to weigh in, that's my way of keeping myself from going too crazy. But I'm not going to beat myself up if there is a small gain, if nothing else it will be from the extra salt in holiday food that I don't eat on a day to day basis. I don't think I'll lose anything, but if I can maintain that will be a success for me.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Definitely! While it may be the holidays and we all may over-indulge a little, I plan on keeping my overindulgence at just that: a little. And I plan on working out a little extra, especially since I picked up 2 new DVD's yesterday that I am really excited to add into my "mix" :happy:

I think it's still important to enjoy yourself, family & friends, it's also important to retain all the hard work that we've all been doing and not just "let it go". I always remember a little saying my Mum used to tell me when I was little:

"One is for Hunger, Two is for Taste, Three is for Greed"

I may get as far as "Taste" but I won't go to "Greed" again - too much discomfort and my new smaller sized clothes won't feel or look as good :wink:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm actually weighing in more over the next couple of weeks to help keep me accountable.
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm going to way in. My weigh-in's are on Monday's. I'm going to keep my cravings at bay and make sure that I fill up in the am's with plenty of healthy protein ...

I've already made a vow to myself: no excess anything and no sugary stuff.

If I don't gain any weight, I'll be happy ... but I refuse to gain again and get all discouraged.

For me No Weigh-in's = Discouragement = Depression = Binging
  • workoutqueen628
    Options
    I'm going to weigh- in...otherwise I won't cheat and eat junk!
  • wardba4
    wardba4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am going to weigh in. I plan on sticking to my new dietary habits through out the whole season. hopefully!
    Merry Christmas to all!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Okay. I didn't think about the possible effects if you don't weigh in.. Sometimes the suspense would get me stressed too after a while. If i can manage to keep myself under control and not weigh in that would be good..I can give it a honest try. If not, then I can weigh in and keep myself on track.
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday for me....no excuses for me this time! (Hoping it will keep me on track haha)
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i am going away for the holidays (leaving this tuesday, 21st, to go to NJ for a week) so i wont be able to weigh myself, but i am going to try and portion everything and not go all crazy... i also think i am going to bring one of my workout DVD's with me, that way i can exercise a little. if i don't gain, i will be happy :)
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in on Fridays....so that works out for me because Christmas is on a Saturday. I don't plan on going over my calories, so hoping for a loss this holiday season.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Of course, I always weigh in. Do I expect good news?
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do.

My weigh in day is Saturday and as both Christmas and New Year (and my birthday!) are all on Saturdays I will be weighing in on the holiday days themselves.

Is your birthday Jan. 8th? If so we are birthday buddies!!

I will keep weighing in, though if I am up a little I'm not going to stress over it... and if I am down then an extra Merry Christmas to me! haha
  • cathyprice
    Options
    I have found in the past that I get obsessed when I weigh weekly, even though it's recommended that you do so. But my weight goes up and down so much, it discourages me so I just weigh (and measure) once a month. I'll be weighing in on Jan 1 :wink:
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    you betcha i am and i will lose weight too :")
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I'm a daily weigh-er.....I find it keeps me from overeating in the evenings.
  • hoodval
    hoodval Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh yes I might add an extra weigh in during the week of Christmas. My scale helps me stay honest and do right.:bigsmile: