throwing out my fat pants

Options
chadya07
chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
hi.

tonight i am sorting and weeding through everyones clothes, which i do annually before school starts... you know. dragging everything into the living room and getting rid of old or ill fitting clothes.

and i am sitting here next to a mountain of fat pants (see my photo from last month) and 2x-3x size 22 shirts... that i am getting rid of.

and a basket full of neatly folded size large tops and once tight size 18 slacks i have been buying from macys clearance center to replace them.... and a big stack of workout clothes...

oh what a change. what a glorious change. and this is the best clothes organizing binge EVER.

yay me.

Replies

• chadya07
    Options
    i suppose i will keep one pair for a final picture whenever i decide i am done and can maintain.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    nice job! keep it up :)
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I'll have to keep the pants I just got (because all my others seem to be a bit snugger than I remembered them being when I purchased them) for a picture when I'm at my goal weight. Of course after the picture, I'm going to ceremoniously burn them in my fire pit.
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    brilliant, well done.
    I've kept my biggest pair just so when I'm having a bad day I can put them on, zip them up and watch them fall to the floor.
    Perspective like that helps when I'm having a 'this is too tough/I'm getting nowhere' day!
  • dlb777
    Options
    That is truly inspirational. Congrats to you! :smile:
  • scrangemagee
    Options
    Congratulations, I feel your joy. I'd love to burn my fat pants but then I'd be going commando for the rest of the month.
  • chadya07
    Options
    thanks everyone :)
  • ElizIvory
    ElizIvory Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I can't wait for my final pictures because I will do them in my wedding dress :D I was heaviest then :)

SO proud of you and the amount of work you've done!!
  • PDCandD
    PDCandD Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! :-)

I too have just had a huge sort out of clothes - but unfortunately I have ended up with a wardrobe full of clothes that are too small! ..... However, now that I've committed to my weight-loss journey, I'm hoping to be in your position next year ;-)
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I just found four pairs of "prodigal" pants that I can wear again! Love your post! :smile:
  • ThomasGinter
    ThomasGinter Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great post! I recently started fitting into my size 36 pants again, from a size 40. It sure feels great to be on that downward trend instead of going the other way.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    brilliant, well done.
    I've kept my biggest pair just so when I'm having a bad day I can put them on, zip them up and watch them fall to the floor.
    Perspective like that helps when I'm having a 'this is too tough/I'm getting nowhere' day!

I love this. Why haven't I thought of it before?! Gonna do this next time I need a distraction from mindless eating.

OP--I just gave my sister a huge pile of my clothes--she has recently lost weight, too, so was in need of new things. Win win!
  • krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yay! So happy for you!
  • maryneedschange
    Options
    I start and stop this all the time! Guess what? I never lose weight! I'm trying again to battle this bulge I have almost 100 to lose!
  • Chibukalu908
    Options
    nice:flowerforyou:
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Congradulations on your weight loss so far. I would however, keep the fat clothes just incase because it does get expensive having to buy a wadrobe again. That just me though.do what you are comfortable with:happy:
  • casihalliar
    casihalliar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Amazing - great job. And definitely keep one pair for the after pic :-)
  • chadya07
    Options
    Congradulations on your weight loss so far. I would however, keep the fat clothes just incase because it does get expensive having to buy a wadrobe again. That just me though.do what you are comfortable with:happy:

most of them were worn out anyway but i dont plan on gaining it back. if i keep them just in case it is like keeping a bottle of whisky in the house if i were a recovering alcoholic... they are outta here.
  • Sweetvirgo63
    Sweetvirgo63 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for your accomplishment and do throw out the clothes that are too big for you.

My husband had said for me to keep my bigger clothes in case I gained back the weight I lost. I didn't listen to him. I figured if I kept the bigger clothes, I wouldn't be all that concerned if I gained weight because I'd have clothes that fit me in the closet. I got rid of everything that didn't fit and only have clothes that fit me as I am with no multiple sizes in the closet. If something starts to feel a little tight, I re-assess where I'm at and adjust accordingly. That is more motivation to monitor my health than anything else I could do.
  • Mommy23js
    Mommy23js Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Yes--keep one pair!! I did and that is now my profile pic, and the pic that I have sent to friends when they've asked how much I've lost. I have one friend that kept that pic as her screensaver at work so she would be motivateed at lunch to go work out....It is astonishing to have that kind of change, and wonderful to see that tangible result right in front of you.

Happy for you! Have a great time continuing your jouney!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!