For 2011: What makes me thankful and we can do this!

Options
Hey all!

I was thinking about it and I know a number of people are going through some tough times right now. Some of us are struggling through dealing with holiday food temptations; others are losing (or have lost) their jobs; some have loved ones overseas in the military...the list goes on.

All of these things impact how we feel about ourselves and ultimately how we progress in the goal we've set to be healthier. So, I'd like to take a moment to acknowledge the things that aren't perfect, but to realize that I/we still have things that are great in our lives. Use the things that are the positives to keep us going, because we are worth it! :)

For me, yup, I'm losing my job at the end of the year. However, I have a supportive family and I've learned a lot about myself and the healthful things I love. I know I have the tools to make the coming year a great one!

And you?

Replies

• scarterrn
    scarterrn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Aww. Thank you so much for posting this! It is so much easier to focus on the negative! I am trying to find a job, which IS stressful as I am sure you know, but I made this commitment to myself to adopt a healthier lifestyle. I'm tired of putting my health last! You ARE worth it! Keep the positivity up!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Exactly! I really think as we start to feel better about what we do have (and should be thankful for), it shows through in so many other aspects. For you and I, job interviews can go smoother. If we focus on the things we don't have, it just brings us down even further.
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    This is a very timely post, my friend. I am grateful for many things, but it does seem so much easier to see the negatives sometimes.

I have wonderful friends, both personally in my face-to-face life, and on MFP who have stood with me and helped me thru times of tremendous pain and overwhelming joy.

I'm blessed with a son, whom I was never supposed to be able to have and whom I love with all my heart and soul.

Although I'm not overly fond of my job, I have one and I do have good friends there who actually make it fun to be with them there, even if the job itself is not my calling or passion.

I live in America, the country I love, where I was raised to respect life and love God and country.

I'm blessed to be protected by the fine men and women of our military...both past and present.

I've changed my life, or rather, I'm in the process of changing my life...taking it back and making it mine.

So many blessings....small and large...so many positive hopeful things to lift me up...if I just choose to see them.