P90X Meal Plan

Options
So I am about to start the P90X Classic routine here on the 29th... here's to hoping all goes well! The only problem is I'm on a bit of a time crunch with school and everything, and I just don't think I'll have the time to follow the meal plan outlined in the nutrition guide. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to eat while on this program for someone who can't cook all the time? Any feedback would be awesome!

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    The meal plan for the P90x is basically high protein and low carbs. Plus small amounts of fruits and veggies. They want you to stick mainly with increasing your protein. You still need some carbs especially before you do the workouts so you don't run outta energy. I love the P90X I just don't follow it accordingly. I workout to it a couple of times a week but I prefer the gym. Try to stick with chicken, turkey and fish for your proteins. If you follow a clean diet then you should be okay.
  • bentracy
    Options
    I am doing a p90x/Insanity Hybrid right now and i am just counting calories. I take a pre-workout drink (NO Shotgun), recovery drink (Endurox R4) and i drink a protein drink (ISO-100) everyday. I try and stay away from high fat foods. So far my results are great.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    I started p90x in the spring, but I didn't follow through with it. I didn't want to give up parkour and dance, so it was just too much. The diet, however, I kept at for quite awhile, and saw amazing results. Like goalseeker1988 mentioned it's mostly about making sure you get tons of protein, and not eating crap. So for me on busy days this meant lots of protein shakes, hard-boiled eggs, and sliced lunch meat. I actually ate a fair bit of red meat too, as long as it fit in with my fat goals, and sushi is always a great protein/carb mix when your on the run.

Hope this helps =)
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    yea count the calories by logging everything here, thats what i do, just try to eat mostly healthy
  • sightnowchanging
    Options
    Thanks for the responses guys! I was getting a little overwhelmed thinking about the nutritional aspect, but I think I was making it more complicated than it needed to be. I will just watch my calorie intake, get lots of protein, and avoid fat and junk food. I'm excited to get started!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Yep...it's pretty easy. Just stick to clean foods, up the protein, and track the cals. Simple. :tongue: