I need guidance!! Any input is appreciated

Options
Hello all!

I know there is a possibility that this post belongs under a different topic, but I am literally brand new at this so bear with me! Okay, so let me explain...I am in need of some guidance. I am looking for two general personal improvements; gaining weight and improving my overall fitness. I am simply looking for some advice on structuring a diet and somewhat of a workout program to bulk up, gradually gain muscle, and become happier with the way I look! I am not asking whoever reads this to become my personal trainer, but I am just asking for some guidance to help a scrub like me to get in shape!

A little bit about me physically...
20 years old
JUST reached 6' 4" without shoes on (my father is just over 6'9" so I have a ways to go)
Only around 155/160 lbs

I am essentially looking for a way to improve my lanky self. I am extremely skinny and I would assume really underweight for my height, and would like to bulk up just as much as the next guy. As I said before, any help is appreciated. Should I script out a diet? What simple lifts would benefit a beginner like me most? Would things like push ups, sit ups, and jogs be worth my while? I hope I am making sense! And if not, im sorry. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• rainrain83
    rainrain83 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    you are making sense but sorry i don't have any advice for bulking up.
    good luck though :-)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    essentially, you need to lift heavy *kitten* and eat ALL the food...

peanut butter, full fat dairy, salmon, beef, pork, doughnuts, ice cream...

while jogging is good for you, the more cardio you do the more you have to eat!
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Check out New Rules of Lifting as a good starting place, and eat. Masses. Good luck :)
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    There's a forum a little ways down below called "Goal: Gaining Weight." You should be able to get some good advice in there. I've never bulked myself, but if I understand correctly, you should look to add 300-500 calories per day (depending on your goals) and lift heavy.
  • ataylorgardner
    ataylorgardner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a specific workout program to use I would recommend Body Beast. It is a weight lifting program that has a lean schedule or a bulk up schedule. It also comes with a guide that helps explain what kinds of foods and how much you should be eating. Keep in mind your family genetics as well, while proper nutrition and exercise will help your genetics will only let you go so far. I hope that helps