SODA WATER DURING WEIGHTLOSS

Options
How do people feel about soda water during losing weight. I feel much more full if I drink a glass during the day and during dinner, but is it bad? I am really clueless about soda water. I know soft drinks/fizzy drinks are bad but what about soda water?

Would love to hear some opinions and advice

Thanks x

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Knock yourself out. It's just carbonated water that has no calories.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Soda Water is just water.... bubbles just tickle your tongue, that's all.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Be aware that soda may not have calories but the stuff put in it to make it bubbly leaches calcium from your bones so make sure you have plenty of it if youre drinking it a lot :)
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Be aware that soda may not have calories but the stuff put in it to make it bubbly leaches calcium from your bones so make sure you have plenty of it if youre drinking it a lot :)

Probably not!.

Bones and Carbonated Beverages
    The primary reason you may be concerned about seltzer and calcium is because of how it can affect your bone health. A 2006 study published in "The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition" investigated the affects of cola consumption on bone mineral density in a group of older women. The study found that higher intakes of cola, but not other carbonated beverages such as seltzer water, were associated with a decrease in bone mineral density. It is also important to note that these women also had overall lower intakes of calcium.
  • JordanMK_
    JordanMK_ Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    O cal / cl! Drink as much as you want!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Love it, have one every day.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    It's just another version of water. If you like it, drink it.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    How do people feel about soda water during losing weight. I feel much more full if I drink a glass during the day and during dinner, but is it bad? I am really clueless about soda water. I know soft drinks/fizzy drinks are bad but what about soda water?

Would love to hear some opinions and advice

Thanks x

Soft drinks aren't bad either.