For those with Netflix and an iPhone

toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I just found out that you can watch Netflix movies on my iPhone. Know what I watched today? Killer At Large, a documentary on obesity. It was pretty awesome. If watching that while on the elliptical doesn't motivate you to stay on there longer, I don't know what will!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903660/

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    do you need an app for that? I'll have to check it out.
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    do you know if you can do it on an ipod touch?
  • randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    You can do it on pretty much any device including iPhone, iPod touch, Android and Windows Phone 7
  • jeesa
    jeesa Posts: 34 Member
    My hubby watches movies on his all the time. You have to have the 3.1.3 software application if you have the iPhone 3GS. As for the others you have to have the iPad, iphone4 or the iPod Touch 4G, otherwise it's not supported.
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Thanks! I'm getting a new ipod touch for Christmas and wasn't sure if it would work out not!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Yes, I have had ir for awhile now, it's pretty neat! Thanks for sharing.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I used Netflix to get different workout videos and change things up. Was great!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I used Netflix to get different workout videos and change things up. Was great!
    It's got some awesome workout vids on it, love doing that as well. Nice to change the workouts up especially when it's so cold out and you wanna not have to crawl through the snow to your car. LOL

Though I will say I can't imagine watching a movie or doing a video on a teeny tiny iphone screen! Though as you shared Toots watching it at the gym I can see what you mean, definitely motivating watching that ONE!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    There are a lot of good documentaries about food on Netflix. There is Food Matters on demand.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    you can also watch exercise videos!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • iwannawearatutu
    iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
    Oh. My. GOSH. I had no idea you could get workouts on Netflix!!! We have it set up for "instant play" through our Xbox, but I never really use it. Now that I see the big selection of workouts I'm loading up a bunch to try!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Yes some good documentaries.. watched 'Sweet Misery' the other day..WOW, very powerful stuff. It's now off of Instant Netflix but on the web to watch at any time. Certainly helped me makes some big changes in how I eat and decisions on what I purchase.
This discussion has been closed.