You can eat anything and lose weight

Options
Hi there

I just wanted to share...

I have lost 21kg since January this year up until now and have 4kg left until I reach my goal weight.

I haven't cut any food groups from my diet. I eat everything including foods like bread, pasta, rice, chocolate, cake, hot chips...all in moderation of course. I have filled out my food diary everyday and been consistent throughout.

It's important to not look at the "bad" foods as bad. Having fear of food is debilitating. You can eat the foods you love but be informed how many calories they contain. Fill out your food diary and make it a part of your diet. If you binge on one day, it's ok... don't beat yourself up over it. Get back on track the next day and keep going.

I used to fear eating high carb foods and sweets for fear I would put on 10kg overnight. It took me a long time to realise that I didn't need to be afraid of food. If you tell yourself you can't have certain foods then you're likely to obsess over it and binge.

Don't give up and keep going :)

Suzana

Replies

• PaddyWhite
    PaddyWhite Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I like your thinking :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    a calorie deficit works... shocker! :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Right there with you!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    yep...totally agree :-D
    everything in moderation is key :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Yup.

Eat the foods you love while maintaining a calorie deficit, enjoy your life and lose weight. It's all win.
  • Tarabobera
    Tarabobera Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do the same here.. have chips with jalepeno peppers every night, have a popsicle every day ... but keep it in range, and hubby does the same since june 18th we have lost 30lbs though the ticker wouldn't show you all of that because we gained weight from quitting smoking first.. so it's all good! hugs!
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I absolutely agree. I eat pizza, pasta, bread, burgers, I even add in cookies and sugar and creamer in my coffee. Actual sugar. I am down 19 lbs already. It just works. This is the only weight loss program I have been sticking to rather than trying to quit.
  • Lottiotta
    Lottiotta Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had an enormous custard fruit pastry thing for lunch! It was awesome. I was still not-hungry for the whole day and I still had a calorie deficit at bedtime without doing an extraordinary amount of exercise. Sure, my macros were probably off, but I can live with that. My cake macro is never neglected.
  • littlejane91
    Options
    This is a great post, thanks for sharing!
  • suzana006
    suzana006 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    cool...i love it there are people like me :)

I don't buy the low fat version on any food. I think life is better eating the real thing
  • SarahMZxx
    SarahMZxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    cool...i love it there are people like me :)

I don't buy the low fat version on any food. I think life is better eating the real thing

Hello! I've just requested you as a friend as would love to know what you have and what your calorie allowance is. I'm better off not restricting myself to just "diet" food so would be nice to have some advice. thank you :) xxx
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Agree 100%! Its all about moderation and portion control. During the summer I have a vanilla soft serve cone with sprinkles about 3x per week. But its a kiddie size so fits my cal goal.
  • quigz90
    quigz90 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate fudge cake last night. Gotta love flexible dieting :)
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    So encouraging, thank you for this post.

It is really amazing (and shouldn't be) how simple it is....calories in vs calories out. We have a whole weight loss industry that has been built around telling people it isn't as simple as that. I have really only just started and have a long way to go - but I am actually enjoying tracking what I eat. I thought this would be like every other diet and I'd hate it in no time.

Thanks again and congrats on your life style change. :)
  • suzana006
    suzana006 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How do I accept friend requests? I've tried looking and no luck
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Excellent work, congratulations!
  • TLB86
    TLB86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You sound like my kinda girlie!!

I lost 22lb originally from just cutting down but still eating "rubbish & wine".

I have since been silly and tried cutting foods out, eating no carbs at lunch, zig zagging calories etc but have put 5lb on!! I think it may be down to me binging because of what I cut out and making healthy living too complicated. After that I just can't get back on track.

I feel pathetic and disappointed in myself as I am sliding down a slippery slope to 'fat' clothes & negative feelings again. After seeing your post it has made me realize I need to EAT & enjoy life and just be sensible not extreme.

Hopefully my journey restarts HERE! :smile:
  • Lottiotta
    Lottiotta Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I lost 22lb originally from just cutting down but still eating "rubbish & wine".

Go back to that method, if it was working!
  • Water_Gal
    Water_Gal Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I agree with Suzana. I have lost a lot of weight in 6 months with MFP by watching calories and exercising more. I did cut out foods that were 'empty' calories, such as soda and chips and made sure most of what I ate contained nutrition my body needed. I did watch the macros in an attempt to balance fat, protein and carbs and stabilize blood sugar so I could keep hunger from getting out of control. It was pretty simple and it works! No pills, shakes, meetings, juices, soups, powders, vitamins...just a food scale :)