Fasting For the New Year

Options
Okay, so today I have decided to put myself on a juice fast.I was so pissed off about my weigh in last night. I started at 254 and I was down to 247. I worked hard to lose weight yesterday and ate the suggested calories. Well, I gained 1 pound back. But, i always get stuck when I get down to the 240's so I am going to attempt to get myself through the 40's by fasting. The original plan is to test myself to make it through xmas on my fast. I always pig out during the holidays anyway. So, it is time for a change. Many family members will be disappointed that I am not eating their food. But hey, they will be proud of me when they see I am losing the weight. My mother will be really mad!!! lol. I always pig out on her goodies. So, if anyone has ay suggestions on juice fasting. I am new to this so I can definately take the tips. Anybody is welcome to join me. The plan is to see this through to the New Year. We start tomorrow- Jan. 1 (14 days).

Replies

• Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    If you are going to upset that many people by not eating their food, why not wait. There is no way I could do a juice fast. I like my food. Good luck and be safe.
  • smelmel
    smelmel Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Goodluck with your juice fast, I am on day 7 of a juice fast and I am breaking it tonight. The first 2 days were pretty average but by the day 3 I had heaps of energy and I feel as though I don't get stressed out as much anymore. I didn't expect to feel so good so if you can get through those first couple of days and start feeling good then stick with it. Now I feel as though I want to eat healthy and treat my body good, them toxic foods don't really seem that appealling anymore. I had a fruit juice for breakfast, vegie for lunch and dinner. I only done walking as exercise after day 3 and on those days I had an extra fruit juice. I don't think I could do it at christmas when everyone else is eating but if you think you can go for it!
    People will be negative but I don't think you can knock it untill you try it yourself, I will be doing this 2 times a year from now on.
    Goodluck:smile:
    I have read some info on the net and they say if your going to a party were you are going to be tempted you should take a few different juices with you.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,989 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I do an Isagenix cleanse one day a week and it has made a huge difference in my life.......I don't worry about what people think about my eating.......I treat my weight as a matter of life and death and do what i need to improve my health.

Good luck to you.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: