30 lb bag of dog food, carry that around all day!

Options
Look at me!! I can't tell you how surprised I am that I actually was able to do this, and it's working! I've lost almost 30 pounds, more than half way there, when I thought last year I was doomed to be a old round woman. I was seeing clothes at the store and judging them by "would a round old lady wear this?" or "this would look good on an old round lady!". The weight, nutrition, and fitness have been steady and improving since I started in about July. I only have this one before picture because I stopped looking in the mirror, and deleted all but this one of my fattest. I thought I didn't look too bad! Heh! Yikes! I was 48years old going on 60. Convinced this was just how it was going to be. I have a 10 yr old, though, and she deserves the kind of Mom I was to my other kids before her. So I decided to give it one more try and found MFP. Just picked it off the free ipod touch apps and got lucky! It was 2 months before I discovered all that was on the website.

Feeding my dog with the huge bag of dog food I realized I was carrying around a 30 lb bag of dog food everywhere. No wonder I couldn't get off the couch!

Keep going people. It's really better on the other side, and you can do this! I remember and appreciate the old me again! Never want to go back to that other person. What's-her-name. The one that didn't want to get off the couch unless it was for a bag of chips and dip.
30lbSpread.jpg
Face30lbs.jpg

Replies

• TeriTee
    Options
    I never thought of it like that haha - I buy those big bags of dog food all the time!

Good job! It's a lot of work. You look great :)
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    30lbSpread.jpg
  • NatalieWinning
    Options

crimeny, I can't put in a picture!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Great work! I know just how you feel. I used to say that about the 5 lb bags of sugar - then the 10 lb bag of potatoes! I have a little dog - so we don't have any 30 lb bags of dog food around LOL. Now - what comes in 50 lb bags.....hmmmmm :-)
  • nvkatie78
    Options
    fanstastic job-- that's awesome!
  • WhitneyW78
    WhitneyW78 Posts: 186 Member
    Options

Just take the spaces out between the [ and img and you have it! :D

EXCELLENT job. You are looking great!

ETA: Oops... I guess it doesn't like Flickr links... you might have to upload it to photobucket and then put it in without the spaces around the img!
  • kamelia74
    kamelia74 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! An inspiration.
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    you look fabulous!!!
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Keep up the great work! We buy those big bags of dog food! Next time I go to the store I will pick it up and put it in the cart instead of my husband to see what I really lost!
  • hammersue1
    hammersue1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You look amazing so keep it up and Im sure you wont be the one carrying extra weight that drags you down wards. I have been the same thinking of 5lb bags of spuds. Then it moved onto my grandkids. lol I have actually lost one of them in weight lol. mad eh
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    Well done isn't it a great feeling?
  • SkinnyPharm
    SkinnyPharm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I hope to get to where you are in the near future. Great job!
  • undercover
    undercover Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and you are a true inspiration. And I love that you are standing on your bath tub in the pictures ;)
  • princess4mimi
    Options
    All I can say is "B-E-autiful!!!" Keep posting them and we will keep admiring and being inspired!!!
  • maeflower1234
    maeflower1234 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. I am starting about where you were so you are a great inspiration.
  • NatalieWinning
    Options
    Thanks all. Sooo much! It's the encouragement that I get here, and the tools, that kept me going. 18 pounds more to go. But now I know how, and it's getting easier. I keep surprising myself that i'm under calories sometimes when I think I ate a lot. I'm eating better, which I really love. If the family comes along, that will be soooo good, too!

Remember, we got this lifestyle change going, because we're here. We got this!
  • ucaminax
    ucaminax Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You look great! And I have to say, even when you were heavy you didn't look like a "little round old lady"-you look like you're in your thirties! Especially with your cute new body and new haircut, which is very hip! Definitely an inspiration!
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    how awesome are you!!! you look fantastic.
  • alitarose
    alitarose Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just bought a 30 pound bag of dog food today. My husband carried it for me. Wow what a good visual!! I love MFP and all the wonderful people like you who give me so much encouragement. I started this about a month and half ago. I'm starting out about where you started. Your pictures are so encouraging thank you for posting them.
  • akaDuchess
    akaDuchess Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I have cats so I think about 40 pound bag of kitty litter that I can hardly lift and can't imagine how I even moved with that much weight attached to my body. (I lost 40 this summer/fall and 60 to go.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!