Resolution starting early...

Options
Hello all,
I've had the myfitnesspal app on my iPhone for a while now, but I have used it sparingly... I just don't like to see the calories add up, and I hate to see how little I exercise! I'm hoping that participating in these boards will give me some accountability... I would like to lose 20 pounds, as my initial goal.

I also have another question... My boyfriend has put on a lot of weight since we started dating. It doesn't bother me, but he is constantly complaining about it. How do I encourage him to exercise and eat right without sounding like I'm unhappy with how he currently is?

Thanks for the help, and good luck everyone!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    honestly the best way to get your boyfriend in shape, is to get in shape yourself. Trust me, if he's already having concerns about his own image and you start transforming into a bombshell, he's not going to want to be "that guy" who people look at and say "damn, why is SHE with HIM? ya know? I think once he sees you changing, it will make him want to look better as well (worked this way for my husband)
  • SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    honestly the best way to get your boyfriend in shape, is to get in shape yourself. Trust me, if he's already having concerns about his own image and you start transforming into a bombshell, he's not going to want to be "that guy" who people look at and say "damn, why is SHE with HIM? ya know? I think once he sees you changing, it will make him want to look better as well (worked this way for my husband)

Totally agreed and same here. I started changing, and my husband started eating kinda the same as me to encourage me (he's a wonderful supporter!), then as he saw that i was losing weight he started asking questions and kinda looking at his calories. That's when i got him on myfitnesspal too and now he's hooked (and losing weight too! he couldn't figure out why he wasn't before, he was exercising but also eating a lot of crap!).