Face exercises???

Options
Has anyone out there tried face exercises as well as body exercises to stop their face sagging ??

Replies

• FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Well, I've tried a ton of crying and a bunch of laughing, but the jowls yet hang!!!

I kid, I kid =) I think you posted a great question and am curious to see the responses. Has anyone tried those little spring machines they sell on late night TV that are supposed to lift your face???
  • cherdan
    cherdan Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    lmao that one they featured on various comedy shows looks like Jason Voorhees. I do notice some mild sagging in my face, even at 25. You can always sort of spot people, even the young, who've lost a substantial (100+ lbs) amount of weight, through their face, as I have. Kind of like acne scarring; never goes away :/
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I tried a face wrap from a girl I knew and now I use a bunch of their products. It helped tighten up the skin that had sagged as I lost weight. I've seen a lot of before and afters with good results too. I can't say much more because of the self promoting rules, since I signed up with them for the discount on the products, but if you have questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
  • jjustjo
    jjustjo Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    wow do I need face tightening exercises! thanks for posting this:sad:
  • raeadams
    Options
    Yes I have tried them...they do work..I have never used the machine so don't know about that ..however if you start doing the face exercise daily you will quickly see results...I was working to tone around jaw line and keep eyes lifted...I do them in the car when I'm driving...LOL
  • iwannawearatutu
    iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this, I've been wondering too! :)
  • dnsrmr
    dnsrmr Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My mother is 82 and she gets compliments all the time for her youth and beauty. She has done face exercises for as long as I can remember.
    She is a firm believer in washing her face every morning and night, and moisturizing her face and throat every night.
    She has always taken her hands and massaged in an upward motion from her neck up, and from her chin up to her forehead.
    She massages her eye area in a circular motion from the nose area to her temples.
    She has taught my sisters and me this since we were little girls which we have practiced as well.
    Anyone who looks at my mother would never ever know she is 82 because she has hardly any wrinkles and looks beautiful.
    It may genetic, but I must say it must also have to do with the face and neck massages she gives herself with her own hands.
    She uses Dove soap, rinses well, and always PATS her face dry - never rubbing it dry.
    She uses a face cream or lotion to massage her face and neck, and never anything else.
    On another note - my sister inlaws father is in his 80's and I think his skin is absolutely beautiful.
    He uses very cold water to wash his face 3 times a day and nothing else.
    He has a complexion anyone would want.
    He has lived in the Rocky Mountains all his life so he gets very clean mountain water, and the water is very cold where he is.
    I asked him if he uses a particular soap, and he said "no, whatever the wife buys I use, but it's the very cold water that keeps my skin tight".
    So, my guess is to listen to our elders. LOL but really!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • raeadams
    Options
    cold water showers are great for toning the whole body...after a shower I turn the water down to as cool as I can take it...My aunt swears on Dove as well...she also has awesome skin.....
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting itsmu
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My mother is 82 and she gets compliments all the time for her youth and beauty. She has done face exercises for as long as I can remember.
    She is a firm believer in washing her face every morning and night, and moisturizing her face and throat every night.
    She has always taken her hands and massaged in an upward motion from her neck up, and from her chin up to her forehead.
    She massages her eye area in a circular motion from the nose area to her temples.
    She has taught my sisters and me this since we were little girls which we have practiced as well.
    Anyone who looks at my mother would never ever know she is 82 because she has hardly any wrinkles and looks beautiful.
    It may genetic, but I must say it must also have to do with the face and neck massages she gives herself with her own hands.
    She uses Dove soap, rinses well, and always PATS her face dry - never rubbing it dry.
    She uses a face cream or lotion to massage her face and neck, and never anything else.
    On another note - my sister inlaws father is in his 80's and I think his skin is absolutely beautiful.
    He uses very cold water to wash his face 3 times a day and nothing else.
    He has a complexion anyone would want.
    He has lived in the Rocky Mountains all his life so he gets very clean mountain water, and the water is very cold where he is.
    I asked him if he uses a particular soap, and he said "no, whatever the wife buys I use, but it's the very cold water that keeps my skin tight".
    So, my guess is to listen to our elders. LOL but really!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for this... I'm a firm believer in massage. My Mum used to do it too and she never got many wrinkles. I've also been massaging my face for years and for 43 I don't have many wrinkles either... Now I feel i'm getting older I should do something to firm the muscles too. As your bottom can sag.. I reckon your cheeks can too!!