I know this is not related to diet & exercise, but please he

Options
vsangel87
vsangel87 Posts: 108 Member
I'm a makeup freak so i'm constantly lookin for products to improve my (or enhance) my features...one of which are my eyelashes. I'm still on the search for that perfect mascara...i'm waiting for that one true love, so to say. lol I want one that both lengthens AND volumizes...i want the best of both worlds. Anyone know a good mascara in that category? Not too expensive though. What's your absolute favorite mascara?? Maybe i'm very hard to please, but none of the mascaras i've used in the past have stood out to me. Please help meee!! (As if it's that serious. lol)

Replies

• FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Im the opposite of you. I hate makeup...but I am partial to urban decay's big fatty. It isnt super cheap but I have sensitive eyes and it doesnt bother me, its vegan, and peta approved
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    The very best for me is Mac's Studio Fix. Professional but not too expensive. It's the ultimate when used with their primer.
    Great when you're looking for a dramatic effect. Just a suggestion. No flecking or smudging.
  • ✿KẙMb529✿
    Options
    I like the traditional Maybelline (pink with the green lid). I read in a magazine to do one coat, then let it sit for about 15-20 seconds and do another coat. I've tried all kinds, and this is my absolute favorite. It definitely lengthens AND volumizes:bigsmile: good luck!
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I love Loreal's Voluminous in Blackest Black. I bought some today........
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I love L'Oreal Double extend (its a 2 in one base / primer goes first and then you do the traditional black), the primer really makes a difference, I sometimes do just the primer side and then a coat of my other favorite mascara, Diorshow which is expensive but worth it
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I love the Maybelline with the white microfiber side and the black side. I prefer waterproof. And side note, Ponds cold cream is my FAVORITE new wrinkle-reducer/winter moisturizer.
  • queencelina
    queencelina Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i second the Voluminous!! I love that mascara!!! :D
  • jabberjaws77
    jabberjaws77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I LOVE covergirl's lash blast volume (orange tube) or lash blast fusion (purple tube), both are AWESOME!!! For me, it does exactly what you are looking for. The brush is also great for separation of the eyelashes.
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I second the vote for Urban Decay's Big Fatty...also the Double Extend
  • MandyMandz
    Options
    I loooveeeeeee mascara!
    I use maybelline the colossal volum' express
    ANDDDDDDDDDDD
    The falses, also by maybelline.
    They both work sooooooo good! No clumping,
    They make my eye lashes look a mile long!! :)
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Anything by MAC is a great choice. I just love their makeup.
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    after trying everything under the sun - I've fallen in love with Bobbi Brown mascara

http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/templates/products/spp/index.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY22754&PRODUCT_ID=PROD9438
  • priskar
    priskar Posts: 156
    Options
    Esthetician & Cert. Make-up artist here. On clients I use false lashes depending on what the occasion is but for myself, I use Diorshow Maximizer underneath my mascara and then I use Giorgio Armani's Eyes To Kill Excess Mascara. It's a gorgeous combination and I'm often asked if I'm wearing false lashes myself.

You might also consider a product like Revitalash which is a lash growth product and yes, it does work. It's the same price for six months that Lumigan is charging per month with none of the side effects. Lovely product.
  • vsangel87
    vsangel87 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your recommendations. :) So, i went out to Walgreens today and bought the L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black. It seems to be treating me well so far. lol For some reason I'm not very happy with it, though. I dunno...maybe i'm just expecting a little too much. Maybe i should just wear fake lashes and get it over with. lol