I am a new member, and I need your support

Options
Hello all,

My name is linda, and a friend told me about this site. I have being doing weight watcher, but this site is all most the same except you don't have to pay! I need to loss 40 pounds as soon as I can for health purpose, and I would really like it if you all can encourage me. I lost 30 pounds since march, but now my weight is not moving. I exercise everyday, and it can be very discouraging when the scale does not move. please give some words of encouragement. Thank you all in advance.

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • jabberjaws77
    jabberjaws77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome Linda! You will absolutely LOVE this site! I recently signed up & the encouragement & support from other members is unbelievable! Everyone is wonderful!! You definitely came to the right place!!:flowerforyou:
    ~Cheri
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Welcome Linda and congrats on losing the first 30! This site is great for helping you realize just how many calories you eat in a day. As long as you're honest with yourself by putting in everything you eat and getting a little exercise things will happen. I'm sure you'll hear this a dozen times but the scale is not the only measure of success. Take some measurements and see how those change over time as well. We're all here to help and be helped. Good luck :)
  • Krickette_16
    Options
    Welcome & feel free to add me.
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I need all the support I can get! :)
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitmess Pal. Good luck with your weight loss. Feel free to add me as a support friend.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Welcome Linda and congrats on losing the first 30! This site is great for helping you realize just how many calories you eat in a day. As long as you're honest with yourself by putting in everything you eat and getting a little exercise things will happen. I'm sure you'll hear this a dozen times but the scale is not the only measure of success. Take some measurements and see how those change over time as well. We're all here to help and be helped. Good luck :)

Welcome! Just like he said! Keep persistant, it will happen!
  • traceyharris
    Options
    Hi my name is Tracey and I am joining today. I walk all day at work in Long term care at least 5-6 km a day and still no movement don't eat really any bad stuff I guess but I like my wine is that what is keeping it on please help.I need encouragement big time I am an empty nester and my hubby is on the road till late at night. I'm lost.....
  • blessedbirdie
    Options
    Hi, glad you are here. It can be hard when the scale doesn't move. How are your clothes fitting? Any better? Maybe you are losing inches and not weight. That can happen. Are you doing the same exercise every time? I have to mix things up. I do treadmill, balance ball, mini stepper and kettlebell. Along with dvds like yoga and such. Keeps your body tricked and wont get used to one or two exercises.
    Well you can do this. Keep logging in and reading. Knowledge is power to help with this lifestyle change.
    Good losing,
    Roberta