Water weight!!

Options
Hey guys!!
Jus wanna check that I'm kinda doing it correctly.. I weigh myself like everyday (I know it's bad but I can't help myself) and what I do is that I weigh myself every morning before iv eaten anything!!! And I just look for a new low that iv hit.. Is that the right way of doing it??

Another thing that iv noticed is that drinking alooot of water helps me to lose the water weight so when I weigh myself in the morning it's what I actually weigh - the water weight..

There are obvious fluctuations during the day like I can "gain 3-4 pounds" of weight during the day but I'm very aware that it's just water weight..

Sorry for rambling, jus checking if I'm doing it the right way.. Feel free to leave any suggestions on better ways of doing it..

Thank you :)

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    The 'during the day' fluctuation is more than just water weight: its the effects of life. As you eat, drink, and remove waste from your body it changes. But weighing at a consistent time/routine is the best way to tell the difference in your weight over time.

I weigh every day also - but I don't feel upset/controlled by the #. Its helped me to understand my body better. I know after high sodium it will show a gain, though I can mitigate that somewhat by drinking extra water. After I start my period: +3.5 is not unreasonable and part of that 'gain' lasts after my cycle is done. It all works out in the end though.
  • thismamarox
    thismamarox Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. I weigh every morning without clothes right after going to the bathroom. I do this for a number of reasons. First, I want to see a trend. Second, it helps me gauge whether or not I will hit my goal and whether I need to do more or less to achieve said goals. Weighing in the morning is the most accurate weight.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!!
    Jus wanna check that I'm kinda doing it correctly.. I weigh myself like everyday (I know it's bad but I can't help myself)

I'm just going to stop you right there,
    when anything to do with diets/ weightloss/ healthy lifestyles becomes a compulsion, you need to step back and evaluate your choices.