Balsamic Cream Chicken (313 calories)

Options
124»

Replies

• IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    I adore this recipe - I've had the original. Keep meaning to make a 'healthier' version of it!
  • jade_222
    jade_222 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dianasustaita37
    dianasustaita37 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Made it for dinner last night.

I subbed 1/2 c plain greek yogurt for the half & half/cream - added a bit more chicken stock to thin it down. And I used regular old unsalted butter.

I also reduced my sauce a bit too long and it wasn't quite as...well...saucy - got a bit thicker than your pic shows.

But oh my it was delicious. The caramelized onions really dominated the flavor I thought (which is a good thing, as it's one of my favorite flavors). I served it over 1/2 c plain white rice.

Thanks for sharing!
  • tonicandgin1967
    tonicandgin1967 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump...will definitely try-thx!
  • Flips37
    Flips37 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Made this for dinner lastnight and it was delicious! I could definitely see making this as a "company coming to dinner" dish, I was so impressed.

One question/observation: My sauce separated as soon as I added he balsamic vinegar to the half and half - it became sort of curdy. It got a little bit better as it cooked but, by the end, it was still sort of grainy rather than smooth and creamy. I don't think it affected the taste at all, it was still delicious. But it didn't have the creamy look I was aiming for. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks fr the recipe!
  • All4Me2014xx
    All4Me2014xx Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I love finding a recipe and realizing I already have everything I need to make it. Dinner!
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Made this for dinner lastnight and it was delicious! I could definitely see making this as a "company coming to dinner" dish, I was so impressed.

One question/observation: My sauce separated as soon as I added he balsamic vinegar to the half and half - it became sort of curdy. It got a little bit better as it cooked but, by the end, it was still sort of grainy rather than smooth and creamy. I don't think it affected the taste at all, it was still delicious. But it didn't have the creamy look I was aiming for. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks fr the recipe!
    You are most welcome. I've actually run into this problem myself, and I do apologize for not mentioning it in the original post. Unfortunately, half and half is prone to curdling. Since it mostly just affects the texture (not taste), I'm able to handle it and still choose to use it because it's fairly low in calories. If you want to completely prevent curdling and have a smoother sauce, you can use heavy cream instead, tempered first, but know that it does contain many more calories.

I would love to hear if anyone has a trick up their sleeve to help reduce/eliminate curdling of half and half. :)
  • missdriscoll
    missdriscoll Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This looks delicious!
  • missdriscoll
    missdriscoll Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just made this for dinner and it was DELICIOUS. I substituted plain greek yogurt for the half and half and added extra mushrooms (because why not?). It didn't look as pretty as yours, but the taste was spot on! Thank you for sharing!
  • bgoodsmile
    bgoodsmile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I made this for dinner tonight - my only modifications were that I only used 2 tsp of light I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, I used No-Salt Added Veg stock instead of chix because that is what I had on hand, & I cut my chix breast into thin slices before cooking. I served it over brown rice & everyone LOVED it! Thank you for the recipe!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • pacosal
    pacosal Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TatianaSoe
    TatianaSoe Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Made this today for dinner, it was super good. Thank you :)
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Looks and sounds absolutely fabulous! I've copied saved the recipe and will definitely be making it soon. Thanks.
  • goofyblonde
    goofyblonde Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump

This sounds delicious!
  • poundis
    poundis Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I made this for dinner last night. It was absolutely delicious!!!!! My husband loved it too!! Will definitely be making again and again! My husband requested that next time I double the mushrooms and onions!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!!