100 LBS LOST - GIFT IDEAS

One of my dearest friends is just a few lbs from hitting her 100 lb lost mark. How should we celebrate or what would be a great gift....she has no clue she is close - has never looked at the scale - I am her eyes and I keep it a secret.

Replies

• ThatMouse
    ThatMouse Posts: 229 Member
    Is there a piece of clothing she's been wanting to fit back into? Or something she's been eyeing recently?

I know for me, I like to use clothing as a reward - particularly workout clothing. I'm in the last 10-15lbs of weight to lose, so I'm not too afraid I'll shrink out of them (plus, baggy workout clothes aren't too bad for me - tops, mind. Not pants or the like). I have my eye on some tank tops from ViewSport (http://www.viewsport.us/) which are sweat-activated as rewards for hitting the next two 5lbs marks.

I also have an ultimate clothing reward - two, actually. One is going to be bought by me, which is one of those knight hoodies from Etsy, and the other is something my boyfriend has promised me - a Cirque du Soleil embroidered leather jacket. Those are for when I hit my weight and bodyfat composition goals.

Aside from clothing (which will act as a motivator and a benchmark), you could also consider taking her out for a non-food related experience. If there's a group of active friends, go out and try a new activity together - go to a climbing wall, do a fun 5k race, try a new fitness class, etc. Or if you wanted to do a picnic get together, host a "cooking party" and put together some of your favourite healthy, non-diet-breaking meals with her, pack up a picnic backpack or two and head out on a day-long hike. Find a nice spot to settle down and lay out the blanket, enjoy the view and the healthy snacks.