don't forget to relax and enjoy the ride!~

Options
Hello to all the wonderful MFPers!

I have noticed a lot a posts from people who are really upset that they have only lost a certain amount, or that they are not losing as fast as they think they should, etc. Not just the oh well I blew it today better luck tomorrow lament, but really being way too hard on themselves for any slip up. I notice it because I used to be that way.

I just wanted to remind everyone who feels that way that you are probably your own worst critic, and to please give yourself permission to be human! Nobody goes on a true weight loss journey and never "slips up". I don't even like that phrase because it infers that you have done something wrong, when you haven't. If you have made a decision to stop letting food be in control - then that is a Huge Victory! Huge! And you are a new person because of it!

With the Christmas Holiday season upon us this week, and New Year's next week, there is going to be a lot of emphasis on food. Please let yourself enjoy the ride through the holiday season. If you want to eat everything you want - then give yourself permission to do so. I don't know about you, but I don't bake (my son didn't even know what pie was until he was 4 or 5!) and I like to enjoy the fruits of other people's baking talent!

Enjoy the special holiday foods that you love with no self-depricating guilt attached. You will still reach your goal!

Cheers! :drinker:

Replies

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Well said!
    Cheers!:drinker:
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna eat what ever & how ever much I want, and when my body's tells me it's full, I am going to stop eating. If I am hungry later for another plate instead of just a snack, that's what I'll get. My goal is to just not force-feed myself to a level of discomfort as I've done in the past.
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Excellent post!
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna eat what ever & how ever much I want, and when my body's tells me it's full, I am going to stop eating. If I am hungry later for another plate instead of just a snack, that's what I'll get. My goal is to just not force-feed myself to a level of discomfort as I've done in the past.

Amen!!