Negative Self Talk

Options
How does everyone deal with negative self talk when gaining weight? I'm mostly addressing those with EDs or BDD. It makes gaining weight incredibly hard because it distracts me from my original goal.

Over the weekend, I managed to put on about a pound and a half, and the negative self talk has been running rampant through my head. And every time I feel I've put on weight "too fast," I start to eat less and usually exercise more even though my goal is to gain up to 115 to 120.

It's been a long standing issue for easily over 10 years, and if anyone had just little tips and tricks to try and stay more positive and focus on the long term goal of health and strength, that would be great.

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    tell that Bit*h you have things to do- and none of it involves her.

Then go pick some *kitten* up.

(seriously- that's what I do)
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    (1) See a good therapist with lots of experience with EDs and BDD. Keep going even when you don't want to go.

(2) Keep telling yourself positive things, about your body, but also your capabilities. Write them down on paper, on your PC, on your bathroom mirror.

(3) Keep doing the two things above until you find the good IN you, not ON you.

I hope this helps.