Do you love your legs?

Options

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    I used to be afflicted with leg hate (I can't find calf high boots that fit me to save my life).

It took a close friend being paralyzed by a freak accident at the age of 23 for me to realize something very very important: I will always love my legs. Perspective is key.
    THIS! I was going to mention this, too, but my first post was already getting too wordy. Regardless of size and shape I AM grateful for my legs because they are healthy and strong!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Hate my legs now because they're not doing what I want them to but they are a work in progress. They are very strong and after another 6 months to a year on weights, they're going to be rocking me!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Love my legs! Strong and muscular. :love:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Yes, absolutely. I have great legs. Long, strong, shapely, I've stopped a few guys in their tracks in my day. I LOVE them, wouldn't change anything except for the blue veins that came with age. I consider my legs and my cleavage my best features, physically.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I didn't always but I do now.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    yup!!!! love my thunder-thighs that I finally grew into!!! lol!!! my arms are awesome too!!! now, my torso needs a tone up real bad. :P
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I have thunderthighs from many years of intensive horseback riding, farmwork and swimming, not too happy with them sometimes but my calves are shapely and I like that. I have scars on my knees from taking many tumbles on my bike as a teenager, but I try to ignore them too. Just shows that I've been active and had my share of fun, I suppose. :)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I love my legs. Right now they are too fat but they have always been long with nice shape and I never had cankles, except when i was anemic and had a lot of edema. That is actually how I knew something was seriously wrong because I NEVER get cankles no matter how much I weigh.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Never been really fond of my legs. I am tall, and more of an athletic build, so with my mixture of cycling, running and squats, they tend to get very defined and muscly. I am more a fan of the long, thin look when it comes to legs. But I am unwilling to give up my activities and half starve to achieve that, so I guess I shall have to learn to accept them as they are.
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I hated my legs my entire life...*hated them*. Even when I was a healthy weight I hated my legs. I'd never wear shorts...pants that came even remotely close to hugging them, etc. Then my sister (who loved to run her butt off everywhere, swim, etc. and was like a rock star to me) was diagnosed with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (PPMS). She's in a wheelchair for the rest of her life (and she's still my rock star).

Receiving that news really made me appreciate and love my legs simply because I could use them.
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I had really muscular legs as a kid/young adult and hated them because I could not find boots that fit them, but I had no problem wearing shorts and skirts because I thought they looked nice. Now I have chubby legs and hate those even more lol.
  • lessbounce
    lessbounce Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Love my legs, they're the best looking thing about me. I also appreciate how strong they are - the cycle me and two laptops 14 miles a day to work and back.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    My legs are strong and slender. They allow me to lift 2x my bodyweight and make me feel like a champ!

Wooo leg day!
  • RunningForeverMama
    Options
    They may be short and they may be thick but they're hard as rocks and I do love them. :happy:

This pretty much sums up how I feel about them. :wink:

photo_zpsc102fc74.jpg
  • genki90
    genki90 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    They are the only legs I have.. and they take me up the mountain trail and down again.. so yea.. I think I'll stick with these..

I totally agree, I love my legs but not for what they look like. Of course they could be leaner and fit in smaller jeans, but there is way more to my legs than that! They make me walk, run, swim and dance. They sometimes get hurt because I demand more things from them than they can offer, but they've served me so well until now that I can't hate or feel bad for them no matter what.
    The love I have for my legs is what motivates me to make them stronger and beautiful!
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have always hated the way my legs look, even when I was 130lbs I had thick legs (or maybe I just thought I did.) At 245lbs I couldn't bring myself to wear shorts outside of the house, and felt self conscious when my bf looked at my legs. Now I am down to 201.8lbs and I am appreciating that they are strong, and don't jiggle as much as they use to lol. I think this whole process has helped me appreciate and love my body more even though I still have a ways to go.
  • xxctxx
    xxctxx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love my legs- they're not properly toned but they are shapely. I prefer my calves to my thighs though- they are the cause of why my jeans don't fit me. :laugh:
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    They get me from here to there. What's not to love?
  • SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Options
    My legs are long (ish) and strong. My thighs are thicker than I wish, my calves are bigger than I like, but really, I'm pretty happy with them. I wouldn't trade them for a thigh gap. :laugh:
  • bethanimal4
    bethanimal4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    my legs are probably my favorite feature now, but i used to hate my calves! i'm naturally quite muscular, you can probably see in my profile picture.. and i've learned to love it as i've gotten older. i'm especially a fan of them when i'm wearing heels or wedges :)