how i miss .....

Options
how i miss medium movie theater popcorn smothered in butter :( movie are never the same. i bring other snacks, healthier popcorn, nuts, etc but some things you cant replace especially when there like 800 cal of deliciousness. part of me thinks i should just eat it as my dinner and night time snack combine but i know i shouldn't.

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Why *shouldn't* you eat it? There's nothing wrong with having move theatre popcorn. Yes, it's high in calories, but if you work it into your day, or do a big workout before/after the movie, it won't ruin your weight loss. It's not something you'd want to eat every day, but once in a while as a treat is fine.

Get a small popcorn, with no extra butter.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Why not eat it as dinner, just so long as it's not dinner every day? I find that I don't like it as much as I used to, but I still enjoy a small popcorn dripping in fake butter (well, maybe more like swimming) every month or 2.

Now, where I got into problems was going to a movie 2 or 3 times a month, eating a large popcorn swimming in butter, then getting a refill halfway through the movie and eating most of that too. It's all about the portion size and moderation.
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    yeah i know i wont go to the gym after and if im going to eat something that's do indulgent i rather go all the way. i do treat myself from time to time, but im going to an event this weekend so im going save my cheating for then. i just miss being able to have it without really even thinking about it, plus i go to the movies allot
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Movie popcorn is definitely worth the calories. Hit the gym extra if you're worried and use some snack or dinner calories like you said. Why not! Enjoy :D
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    If you think the calories/nutrition are worth fitting into your macros, then why "miss" it? If you can't live without something, then it's not a very sustainable plan IMO.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Why not eat it as dinner, just so long as it's not dinner every day?

This.

I've never cared for popcorn, but I feel this way about the occasional ridiculous milkshake from Steak N' Shake or other ice cream/custard treats that simply DO NOT fit into my days normally. A few weeks ago I had dinner of a boiled egg, some veggies, and a custard concrete.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    Options
    Mmmm, I miss honey roasted nuts. ...I used to be able to eat a can in a day or 2...right now I don't trust myself yet to eat just one a serving, but soon
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you would miss something you can have? Make it fit within your calories, moderate the amount you eat. No biggie.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I miss eating whatever/however much I wanted, but then I remember that I don't miss being fat.