Rough Start

Options
Hello. So I am back to the site. As of like yesterday.
I am back to counting everything.
I am at work... Uck. And have been counting like I am suppose to. But have been snacking a little more than I should.. A lot more.
When I buy the crap, or eat the crap I am telling myself.. stop. You dont need it... You dont want it.. You want to lose weight.. blah blah..
Its there. I want to lose weight more than anything. I just.. cant... not.. sigh.
Anyone out there understand?
Help!?

Replies

• rainysoul
    rainysoul Posts: 69
    Options
    Hello. So I am back to the site. As of like yesterday.
    I am back to counting everything.
    I am at work... Uck. And have been counting like I am suppose to. But have been snacking a little more than I should.. A lot more.
    When I buy the crap, or eat the crap I am telling myself.. stop. You dont need it... You dont want it.. You want to lose weight.. blah blah..
    Its there. I want to lose weight more than anything. I just.. cant... not.. sigh.
    Anyone out there understand?
    Help!?
  • magdalune
    magdalune Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Did anyone ever tell you that you look like Amber Tamblyn?
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Welcome back. I just came back too.....

Sounds like we were having the same problem. One thing someone on here told me to do was to set out your entire meal plan for the day the night before or that morning. Log all of it in your journal, including workouts. It gives you a little more "stick with it" power :smile:

O....and the best way to edal with the need to binge is not to tell yourself how much you need to lose weight. That's negative and actually will make the slip up worse. Instead, acknowledge your slip up, tell yourself that you will enjoy this treat, but you WILL workout 30 minutes longer or clean the whole house or what ever you need to do to work off the extra calories. Then the next time you reach for that treat, think of what it really "costs" (aka: walking and extra 30 minutes and missing a program or cleaning instead of chatting with your buddies on the phone) that'll keep you on track :)

Being positive will make the change to healthier living easier!

Best of luck!
    M
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I have just been going through that myself--again. My "snacking" tooth is killing me. I hope you have better luck than me!
  • teshlovely
    teshlovely Posts: 9
    Options
    Don't feel bad. I've been eating cinnamon rolls and pralines for the last couple of days. (best pralines are from New Orleans so when family brings some home I eat it :wink: ). Ive also have not been eating like I did when I first started mfp. Eating healthy is important and I try but its hard. I guess what makes me feel better is to exercise like crasy and ultimate taebo kicks my but. So what im trying to tell you is (sorry I like to blabber) is just take it one day at a time. Exercise and try to incorporate fruits and vegetables in your diet.

Keep ya head up:flowerforyou: .
  • rainysoul
    rainysoul Posts: 69
    Options
    LOL No.. I have NEVER heard that..
    When I was growing up, I use to get told I looked like LeeAnn Ryhmes. Dont think there is any resemblence now.. but I actually really did when I was growning up.
    Amber Tamblyn wow. Never heard it but I wish. at least the thin part. lol
    So what makes you say that
  • magdalune
    magdalune Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Your smile is very similar, as is your skin and facial shape. Let me see if I can find one of the icons I made of her...

Nope, none of mine have her smiling - she doesn't seem to do that a lot during photo ops. This is the closest pic I could find that looks like your icon. :)

http://images.politico.com/global/amber.bmp