Portions?

Options
I have not had this problem before since I usually weigh in and log full meals

Recently I've been in the hospital and had surgery sopretty much everything I am eating is giving me nausea.

Until I find my sweet spot for meals, I am having a couple bites out of a plate before feeling sick.

Should this be logged in full? Half? Not at all?

Replies

• MadMaddy2014
    MadMaddy2014 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would log it in as half, or whatever you do eat. (Be anal about it) Glad you are home and on the mend...........
  • nicailyzee
    nicailyzee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Log it all little bites add up. Just serve yourself a smaller portions because most likely you will not eat a full meal maybe a half a cup and then when you can stomach it add more. Maybe because you are feeling nausea you should eat foods as bland as possible with not to many combinations. Like a potato, boiled greens or chicken broth not too much mixing which will be better on the stomach. Feel better
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be the naysayer here and say that you should just wait to log until you're healed. Yeah, you might gain a little in the process but your overall health is more important than weight loss and you should focus what energy you have on getting better rather than stressing over how to log food.

Hope you feel better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • AnnieS1970
    Options
    If it is only two or three spoonful's of something that is 1/2 cup portion I would list it as .25 of a portion if it is half of it list it as half. you can list it pretty small if you need to.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be the naysayer here and say that you should just wait to log until you're healed. Yeah, you might gain a little in the process but your overall health is more important than weight loss and you should focus what energy you have on getting better rather than stressing over how to log food.

I agree
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    You should eat whatever you can and not give a second thought to logging it right now. Your body needs food and nourishment and probably as much as you can handle. I hope you feel better soon and then you can get back to normal.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

I agree

Same here,
    Just focus on getting better and getting enough nutrition for now.
  • audrast
    audrast Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm also going to chime in for forgetting the logging. If your body is in recovery mode, weight loss should not be the priority. Depriving your body of the calories it needs to mend will only prolong your convalescence.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I would also forget about logging right now . Just worry about getting better then start fresh .
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I would also forget about logging right now . Just worry about getting better then start fresh .

EXACTLY THIS
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Been in that situation, and found liquid nutrition/ those shakes they give you, are pretty much essential if this lasts any longer than a few days. I could barely eat anything for several weeks after a major surgery a few years ago, and the nutritionist I was assigned in hospital had me keep a food diary to help her evaluate how I was doing, and also identify any areas for improvement.

Like others have mentioned, your body has great needs after something like surgery, and the most important thing is to just eat what you feel you need, which may/ will be in excess of what you would normally need. Logging might encourage you to put a cap on your intake once you bring it back up, and that may only hamper the speed of your recovery.

Also, I would look to get some information on some of the most important things to be getting into your body post-surgery, as I remember there were certain nutrients that were quite important so as to be able to fuel the bodies recovery process, and I remember the hospital I was in had some good information and dedicated materials on just that.

Good luck with everything, and hope all goes well :)