How much exercise in a day?

Options
I've just started working out (woot woot!!) and ideally, I'd like to do a half hour of Couch to 5k, a half hour of Blogilates, with 10 minutes of yoga in the morning, and another 10 at night. I'll only do the Couch to 5k every other day, and Blogilates has one rest day per week. Is that too much? Is that too little? I really want to burn off all the calories I can, but I don't want to hurt my body in the process. Thanks for the help!

Replies

• mundaycarroll
    mundaycarroll Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you're allowing yourself at least one rest day per week then I think you are doing good. The best advice I can give you is listen to your body. It'll tell you when you have over worked it.
  • jordipie55
    jordipie55 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Okay, thank you so much!!
  • nest9
    nest9 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Agree with carroll - Starting off and even for the novice it is important to make sure you are at least giving your body a day for rest and recovery. Some would say you are resting and recovering while you are sleeping... to each his own. I usually get in 5-6 days of workout a week. This will include a 1 hour session of weight lifting each of those days along with 30 minutes of cardio on 2-3 days. It would be ideal to get at least 45minutes to 1 hour of exercise in when you can. Obviously if you can go longer on some days and not put your body at risk then go for it. It sounds like you have a good routine going. I would after a while mixing things up in order to get the maximum results. Good luck!