Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The Up and Down Game

I've never really been body conscious. I'm a guy, there has been a couple of movements for guys since the dawn of time; guys are supposed to be a bit heavy, but lovable, and the ability to laugh at yourself and make others laugh is a great trait to have. The other is that I'm a manly man whose fit. I fall into the latter. I don't mind.

Awhile back the wife and I decided to go on our first cruise. Before I had been juicing to lose weight and live healthy after watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. I loved it so wound up juicing. It was an experience. By the time the cruise thing came up I had gone from about 230 to 213, a magnificent feat. I wanted more fit, faster, now. So I started jogging. I started out running a mile and then three miles and then closer to the end I was jogging 10 miles a day. By the time I had disembarked on my cruise I had gone from 213 to about 189. Of course the cruise was filled with fatty foods, lots of drinking, and more laying around then actually using the awesome gym they had on the boat. Long story short, I'm about 209 again.

Coming up next year we visit South Korea and I'm looking to get in shape again. I've already started running again, though not as often as I'd like because it's hell's armpit out there, but once the cooler air starts to arrive I'll likely go back to long running and some working out (mostly a routine of two hundred pushes and sit ups a day). My job is pretty awesome as well. I've been using mapmywalk and have determined that everyday I go to work I walk about 19 miles a day and burn up about 1,600 calories in that 8 hour stretch. I have my settings on sedentary since I didn't know there was a gauge for that until just a few days ago (my wife set up my app). So my question to those of you out there in the MFP universe: Do you use a count stepper like MapMyWalk and add those calories into your calorie allowance or do you just adjust your settings to the lifestyle you believe you live day to day? I'm not quite sure how it works because almost 3,000 calories in my calorie allowance seems a bit overkill, but I do walk on average 19 miles while working. Give me your feedback and guidance. Much appreciated and its good to meet all of you.