Need MFP Friends

Options
Hi!
I'm new-ish here and want a social circle for motivation.
I'm planning a trip to Ireland next year and want to get in shape so I can hike all over and not die of exhaustion! I have over 100lbs to lose and am hitting the ground running (lots of enthusiasm here).
Thanks in advance for being my friend! We got this!

Kayla

Replies

• lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    add me to your list of friends- I am also all in-and 50 lbs lighter since I stated
  • fatshionista37
    Options
    Hey girl!!! Love your post, we are definitely in the same boat with regards to having 50+ lbs to lose. I myself am starting with a small goal of 40lbs and then I'll handle the rest after that. I want to lose a total of about 100 myself. I would love to be your friend and we can definitely keep each other motivated, after all that's what MFP is all about.
  • bassman92
    bassman92 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you'll make your goal...always wanted to see Ireland myself:-)
  • SteshaNicole
    SteshaNicole Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me...I'm on everyday and we can encourage each other!! Let's goooooooo..........
  • JimJamms85
    Options
    Hello, me too! Starting today full of motivation, feel free to add :)
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! A trip to Ireland certainly is motivating! You can do this! Feel free to add me!
  • Mopar88
    Mopar88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! A trip to Europe is my goal with a nice visit to Ireland included! I have about 65-80 pounds that I would like to lose.
    Anyone can feel free to add me. :)
  • Dijerz
    Options
    Hello!..feel free to add me, am sorta new here too
  • BookAngel_a
    BookAngel_a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have nearly 100 pounds to lose, I'm friendly, and I'm on MFP every day. Anyone is welcome to add me. :)
  • kimmijo88
    kimmijo88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Added you.... Anyone else feel free to add me! i started in March 2014, and 6months later im 41lbs lighter! 2 months of that was diet alone as i was on crutches and couldnt move!

LETS DO THIS!!
  • traceyandelliemay
    Options
    hi there feel free to add me and anybody else here too! Im focusing on a healthier more active lifestyle I ditched the *kitten* in November 2013 picked up food and lounging about put on 10 kgs... im working on changing that ive lost a definite 3 kgs over 3 months and have definition of abs coming through. we can do this !!!
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... I had a baby in April and I have about 10lbs to go until my prepregnancy weight. I have a trip to the Dominican in December for my brother-in-law's wedding and I want to lose the 10lbs plus a bit more if possible :)
  • joannemilne140
    joannemilne140 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi ive got 98 pounds to lose and im on day 2 so add me and we can motivate each other
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    FR sent!
  • cookiegy
    cookiegy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too - that goes for anybody on here :) I post regularly but do try not to take myself too seriously. Life's much too short and ridiculous for that!
  • psharma06
    psharma06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Free Free to add me to your list! I need motivation as well :)
  • GreenEyedVix
    GreenEyedVix Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm on a journey to lose between 60 and 80lbs.
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm new-ish here and want a social circle for motivation.
    I'm planning a trip to Ireland next year and want to get in shape so I can hike all over and not die of exhaustion! I have over 100lbs to lose and am hitting the ground running (lots of enthusiasm here).
    Thanks in advance for being my friend! We got this!

Kayla

Kayla - good morning.

All you have to do is lose 1 pound. 100 times. Thats it.

Not all at once.

That kick to get it done comes from inside....

The fact you are reaching out and being honest about your struggle is a sign of growth and progress. Take comfort in that.
    The difference between MFP and everything else? If you adopt the mindset that its a lifestyle change & not a diet, the rest will fall into place.

The past is done. The future will be here soon enough. Try and focus on today & today only. Its all we have to work with.

3 months ago, I weighed 312 pounds. I woulda been dead in 5 years if I hadn't made this commitment. All signs were pointing that way.

Just a few things the MFP tribe and common sense has taught me:

1) This is a thing you DO, not a definition of who you ARE. Just like laundry. Take the emotion out of it wherever possible. I cannot stress this enough.

2) My approach? This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. So there is no finite number of days that I am trying to get to. I will be logging in and logging food for the rest of my life, because:

a) This program works
    b) I don't want to die young and I was headed that direction

3) Try to remember - We are the results of the choices we make every day, whether those choices are good or bad. Make as many good choices as you can, and the ship will stay steady. At the end of the day, we are the man in the mirror. We are accountable to ourselves and no one else. We can help you with getting there, but the doing is up to you. Leave rationalizing at the door, and sontinue to be honest with yourself. Its the only path to long term success

Cal tracking is considered a good choice (whether boring or not) because it tells you where you really are (just like your check register tells you your balance) - remember to be honest with yourself all the time. Ultimately, you will achieve that which you are seeking much sooner.

Knowing that plus the support I get from my MFP buds make enough difference that Ive lost 37 in 115 days without doing anything stupid. You just find what works and then hammer the crap out of it, staying in the present while doing so.

If you will stay committed to this, your MFP tribe will commit to helping. Why? Because that's what we do. And we have ALL been there.

3.5 months ago, walking was a chore.

Last weekend, I walked 6 miles. And loved it

You got this.. and we got you.

FR headed your way

Fsunami
  • AuroraD82
    AuroraD82 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Added you and a few others too!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options