5 months after 4th baby & 69 lbs later! PIX

Options
I never thought I could lose weight and always used my many kids (gave birth to 4 plus 1 stepdaughter = 5) as an excuse for my weight. Fertility drugs (yes- we meant to have so many!) coupled with bad food choices and lack of exercise led to my all time non-pregnancy high of 196. I am 5' 7" tall. I gave birth to my daughter 5 months ago at 217 lbs. A month after her birth, August 7, 2010, I joined this site. I am happy to say that I'm about 3.2 lbs away from my new goal and 6.8 lbs PAST my original MFP goal that I set in August. I never thought I would get here. I just finished Grad school (graduated yesterday!) and am super busy with my family obligations. I have some toning and a few pounds left to go- but I'm dedicated and I know I will get there. One day at a time! :happy:

InProgress1-2.jpg
progression3-2.jpg

Replies

• sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! You look absolutely wonderful. Congratz on reaching your goal
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Congrats!
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look wonderful and I bet you feel great!
  • lavondrew
    Options
    Congrats! Grad school, baby, kids & you still managed to lose weight?!? You have so much discipline & so many reasons to be proud of your work. Hooray for you! :glasses:
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have a ways to go but I am proud of what I have accomplished in the last 4 months, especially with being so busy. I have never stuck to something before but mfp is different. I told myself it was ok to fail at first, that it was a learning experience and the point was to make myself aware. Once I was aware of what I was putting in my mouth, I wanted to make better choices. Once I started making better choices- the weight came off! I am in control now. It is a great feeling!
  • mrsannett
    mrsannett Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say congrats to you!!! Wonderful job!!!!
  • snrose
    snrose Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    great job!! congrats!
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    WOW! You look great! I don't look like that 11 month after my one and only baby!
  • piperett
    piperett Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome pics, sis! You look great. I'm so proud of you and your accomplishment! :flowerforyou:
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    Thanks! I'm going to keep at it and hope to be a mega hottie this summer in a bikini!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Dang! I wish my tummy looked that good! I have a 7 year old and no matter what I do I can't lose the pooch, grr.
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    smiley-hug007.gif THREE CHEERS FOR …clintswifey!!!
  • Kelleighanne
    Options
    OH MY GOSH! you took terrific! I had a baby five months ago as well and I look like Mr. Stay Puft next to you ;)

I've always used "I have 3 kids. I don't have time to eat right/exercise/etc" but man you have 5 and you sure did it. You are my new inspiration :)

Great job! :)
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    GREAT job!!! You look AWESOME!!! :flowerforyou:
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I started working out and eating cleaner during my pregnancy. I was already 196 and gained 21 pounds- giving birth at 217. I am down 69 pounds from that highest pregnancy weight of 217. I lost the 21 lbs of baby weight, plus an additional 10 lbs within a month of her birth. That is attributed to eating healthier, breastfeeding, and drinking tons of water. I have lost an additional 38 lbs since joining mfp in August. My ticker reflects every pound I have lost because I worked hard for it! It motivates me to see how far I have come. I set up my goals to lose 2 lbs a week and that is what I have averaged consistently. My case is not "typical" since I had the monkey wrench of giving birth thrown in there... but I started eating clean, drinking water, and exercising prior to joining mfp and then I joined and got serious about logging and upped my exercise. It does work if you are honest and consistent... but it takes time! Dedicate yourself to changing your lifestyle and you will in turn change your life!
  • FIREfitGrl27
    Options
    You LOOK AMAZING! Great job! Congrats on grad school as well...know how hard that can be and doing it with a family! You rock! Keep up the good work! :)
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Amazing job, congrats !
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your inspriations to all us mom's out there! :D I know if you can do it with 5 kids, so can I :D
  • AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! I agree, I know a lot of people, that use having children has a reason not to be able to loose weight, but we all can!!!! Keep up the great work!!! :)
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Grad school, baby, kids & you still managed to lose weight?!? You have so much discipline & so many reasons to be proud of your work. Hooray for you! :glasses:

Big ditto!! Looking great, so tiny! Way to go!! And congrats on your degree, too! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!