Hello! My name is Robin

Options
Hello! My name is Robin. I began using MFP just a few days ago. I began trying to lose weight and be a healthier me 3-4 months ago, with not much luck. I have been struggling with my calorie intake, i am excited to use MFP to help with this!! I would weigh myself every week and was empowered when I had a loss but if I didn't have a loss I would get discouraged and fall off track. My Hubby David has MS. I am an emotional eater so I am hopeful that MFP helps me know how many calories I should be eating to lose weight. I weigh 275 and am the biggest I have ever been, I want to me a healthier happier me!

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Welcome Robin!
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hello Robin -- I'm Lynn. Welcome to MFP -- what will turn out to be the best decision you have made as far as weight loss and fitness. You need to obtain a lot of friends, who encourage you along the way. You can request me to be a friend by clicking on my user name. I wish you the best of luck in your weight loss journey.
  • peanut352
    peanut352 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Your going to love it here! There is so much you will learn by using this site, and so many people that are fighting the same fight that will help cheer you on. I have found so much inspiration here, and I'm sure you will too! You can do it!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome! You are making a good decision to take care of yourself. Never think of it as selfish. You cannot take care of everyone who needs you if you are not in shape yourself. You can sooooooooooooooooo do this! Good luck on your journey...we are here to cheer you on!:heart:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Robin. I began using MFP just a few days ago. I began trying to lose weight and be a healthier me 3-4 months ago, with not much luck. I have been struggling with my calorie intake, i am excited to use MFP to help with this!! I would weigh myself every week and was empowered when I had a loss but if I didn't have a loss I would get discouraged and fall off track. My Hubby David has MS. I am an emotional eater so I am hopeful that MFP helps me know how many calories I should be eating to lose weight. I weigh 275 and am the biggest I have ever been, I want to me a healthier happier me!

HI Robin,

I am so sorry to hear your husband has MS. We all have something stressful to contend with in our lives. We can not fosake our health because of a loved one. I sent you a message with some other recommendations on a way for you to get support for yourself on this journey and by all means MFP is very supportive. It is trial and error and there are many of us with over 100 pounds to lose have had to pick ourselves back up over and over again.

No shame in this. The shame is if we don't keep trying. If we don't keep picking ourselves back up. I too am like you and I am good with the exercise, but I know that exercise is only about 80 percent of it. We have to get the eating under control and the reasons why we eat. We have to get away from making food our only friend. We can so do this.
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    First of all, welcome to MFP. It's a wonderful site that has helped tons of people meet their weight-loss goals. I hope that it can do the same for you. If you don't lose weight every single week, reevaluate what you're doing and continue to log your calories even if you go into the red. The weight-loss will come as long as you burn more calories than you take into your body. Good luck.
  • jasperdreams67
    Options
    Hello Robin, My name is Julie. I also have struggled with my weight. I was at 150 when my now 10 yr old son was in first grade and told me "your the fattest Mom in my class"- let me tell you that was motivation.-Not immediate motivation, but 5 yrs later it still sticks in my mind. Since then I've lost 50 pounds. I now have a one year old and do not want my daughter to think that of me. Since I had her, I've added - or kept on 20 pounds of my pregnancy weight. My boss told me about this site about 6 months ago. Now with the holidays and I'm sure 5 extra pounds I want to do this again. I want to lose the weight and keep it off -but know I am more apt when I have other people watching my success. So I wish you well and hope we can both get this weight off and keep it off.