Options
2»

Replies

• BoresEasily
    Options
    Veggies? ewwwwwwww!
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Kidding of course. I live off spinach, cucumbers and baby carrots. I try to stick spinach into 1-2 meals a day because it's so nutrient dense, talk about a super food. Now I understand why Popeye loved it so much. I snack on baby carrots and long English cucumbers. I need to add more veggies to my snacking and I should probably have a salad now and again. I found the greatest thing at the store recently. Up till now I had been buying the 1lb bags of baby carrots on sale which I usually get for about 1.5-1.75 on sale. This past week I saw a 2lb bag at a regular price of $3. Not only that but it has a zippered seal. If I hadn't picked up 3 smaller bags earlier in the day I would have bought myself a bag. The best place I've found to get veggies is in smaller markets and produce only markets. The major grocery stores are usually more expensive and aren't as fresh looking.

I've seen people mention carrots and hummus a lot of times in the past. I tend to eat the carrots on their own as adding ranch dressings and things just skyrockets the calories and they're usually chocked full of crap. I keep meaning to try hummus, one of these days for sure.

Someone mentioned seaweed strips that I absolutely have to try. I recently bought kale so that I can give kale chips a try, can't wait to try those out. I desperately need a substitute for chips.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Oh and spinach and mushrooms for an omelette. Spinach with banana and blueberries for a smoothie. Both are good ways to get your greens.