You're gonna HATE me!

Options
2»

Replies

• alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Enough calories, enough protein, and enough lifting and you'll start growing. Sure thing! It'll be a LOT of eating though!
    Just eat about 300 - 500 Kcal over your maintenance calories a day and I would also highly recommend changing the site's default macro nutrient goals to something like 50% Carbs, 30% Protein, and 20% fat, to make it more beneficial!

Also, reading a lot about weight gain will definitely be helpful to understand what to do and why. Even if you don't intend to become a body builder, here is a good short article to help start getting your stuff together! --> http://www.gain-weight-muscle-fast.com/how-do-i-gain-weight.html
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Hate...nope. Not even envious. I had a friend that had a high metabolism. Ate everything in sight to gain weight to gain muscle mass. He hated me because I could always lift more than him. I have always had bulk, but it is easier for me to lose than for him to gain.

Good luck in your quest. You will find people here very supportive and understanding.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    we're all here to get healthy, whatever that may be for each individual! so good luck and enjoy!! :wink:

My thoughts exactly.:smile:
    Good luck to you.:flowerforyou:
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You just gave me an idea to get the hubby on here too! He has been skin & bones since I've known him....and has struggled to put on weight his whole life! Good luck to you...it would be interesting to be on your side of this issue! :tongue:
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    No hatin' here :) I'm glad you're at least attempting. :)

And while I'm trying to LOSE I wouldn't want to be on the other side of the spectrum. I've heard it's a lot harder to GAIN than to lose (one of my friends is trying to gain instead of lose and is having a hard time).

My husband isn't skinny so much, but very athletic (I say). He's played basketball pretty much all his life and his job is very active (walking/moving a lot, lifting tires, jacking up cars... he works in the automotive shop in our walmart store) and he also works out at the family farm also (feeding and watering the cattle, fixing fences when they break, other odd jobs) So he's very very active. And he eats and eats and eats lol. Of course, he'll go to subway for his lunch and eat a footlong and get 2 cookies and eat 1 then and another later on. And he never gains. He even weighs less than I do :(

Sorry that was so long... if you read that all, kudos to you.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    We don't hate you! All weight loss or gain goals are welcome here. Although you don't fit in this category, I will point out that we have recovering members on MFP of eating disorders and they are trying to gain as well and be healthy. I definately envy you a bit... but I guess being too skinny has it's downside as well.:-) Eat lots of Christmas goodies for me.;-)

Shannon