True weight loss?

I started the 30 Day Shred 2 days ago and decided to weigh myself, I also last weighed myself 2 days ago, scales say I've lost 2lbs, do you think I can log this as a true loss or just wait another 5 days and see?

Thanks!

Replies

• nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    glycogen/water loss, 2 lbs of true fat loss is a 7000 calorie deficit, which is impossible in the space of 2 days
  • ClairAnnex
    ClairAnnex Posts: 15 Member
    Thank you!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    You haven't lost 2 lbs of fat in 2 days. Some of it is probably fat because if you're eating at a calorie deficit, you'll be burning fat (and probably a bit of muscle). But for all of it to be fat would require a calorie deficit of 7,000 calories.
  • ClairAnnex
    What is a calorie deficit? :embarassed: I don't know the ins and outs of weight loss.
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Clair,

calorie deficit is just eating less than you burn.

If you eat 1500 calories and you burn 1600 calories just by being alive and breathing then you are -100 calories

This has to come from somewhere so your body uses its stored energy. Thus you lose weight!

Eat less move more!

If you are new to this healthy eating lark, then I would log what you eat and cut back what you know is fattening (cut back being the key phrase) This is a journey not a sprint. So start to eat better and do more. Keep doing this while you read and start to learn more.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    MFP would have provided you with a number of calories to eat daily. Staying under those calories assures you you're at a deficit (although they also have one already built into those numbers). Yes record the 2 ponds, congratulations!
  • ClairAnnex
    Thanks a lot everyone! :)

Most days I have stayed under my calorie allowance then added extra on top of the from exercise and still stayed under my original amount.

I am fairly new, I've never been able to stick at it before, but I've made drastic (good) changes already just by being able to stick to or under my goal for the day.